Reintroduction of Superadmin Team?
Not going to dispute any of your personal viewpoints on him, but I don't simply believe that 97% of fearless had experiences negative behaviour from him directly. Granted he was a bit of a dick in certain aspects, but no less than certain other members of staff which are still present.

I simply don't believe everyone has that much hate for him, when in reality he didn't do anything beyond the norm to most people. And say what you like about his personality and such, but he did put lots of effort into the server, which people always forget for one reason or another.

(Probably looks like an arselick, but it's just something I feel needs clearing up, especially amongst the newer members of the community who never even 'met' him, yet still have an opinion on him.)
A more fitting signature. 
The following 2 users Like Jono's post:
  • James_Gaff, Dex
(03-02-2015, 04:48 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 09:16 AM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote: Weird how many people think we just decided to re-implement super admins without putting a lot of thought into it. Believe me, all the concerns posted above have already been taken into consideration.

Would be nice if the community had a decision in who got mod/admin/super-admins. Because, ya know we're the ones keeping these servers running?

Feel free to send a recommendation but at the end of the day, we're ones who have to work alongside those promoted. If we don't get along with the player then we won't be a unified team.
Also, please don't make this a Narc love/hate thread. This is about the new staff structure being implemented.
The following 1 user Likes GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • James_Gaff
(03-02-2015, 05:05 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 09:16 AM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote: Weird how many people think we just decided to re-implement super admins without putting a lot of thought into it. Believe me, all the concerns posted above have already been taken into consideration.

Would be nice if the community had a decision in who got mod/admin/super-admins. Because, ya know we're the ones keeping these servers running?

Feel free to send a recommendation but at the end of the day, we're ones who have to work alongside those promoted. If we don't get along with the player then we won't be a unified team.

And this is why people kiss-ass because you won't let people of whom aren't friends with the admin team be promoted. The system needs to change.
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • James_Gaff
(03-02-2015, 05:08 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:

And this is why people kiss-ass because you won't let people of whom aren't friends with the admin team be promoted. The system needs to change.

I partially agree with this statement. I do feel that people kiss up to the admins in the vain hope of getting a promotion and that's kinda been how it's worked for a long time. Before the promotion of Nacreas he was in TS with admins and mods every day and yeah that's probably how you're going to get recognised however, they do have to bring someone into the team who they're going to get along with, they're not going to bring someone in who doesn't get on with anyone in the team because when you become a moderator or admin you leave role-playing, you're horded with @ calls. I imagine that a lot of communication goes on between staff members too and this requires for them to get along and I'm sure it makes being a staff member much more enjoyable.
(Sorry to use you as an example Nacreas, not saying you kissed ass but just that you were evidently friends with the staff prior to being promoted)

Friends?

I barely knew half of the current administrators when they were promoted to moderators. We recommend people who show good roleplaying skills, understanding of the rules, and a general good attitude. A lot of the time one or more of the admins may be friendly with the player, but that is because we try to get to know those who we see a lot on the server.
Dex

I'm just always in TS and that's were the banter is :p
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 1 user Likes Nacreas's post:
  • Dex
(03-02-2015, 05:18 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote:
Friends?
I barely knew half of the current administrators when they were promoted to moderators. We recommend people who show good roleplaying skills, understanding of the rules, and a general good attitude. A lot of the time one or more of the admins may be friendly with the player, but that is because we try to get to know those who we see a lot on the server.
Ah yes that is why you're always talking to Rickets, Pinky, Temar, Decay, Narc, Shadow on TS? Ah yes, I see..

Note: Awks, just noticed that I said the same thing as Dex. Tounge
(03-02-2015, 05:17 PM)Dex Wrote:
I partially agree with this statement. I do feel that people kiss up to the admins in the vain hope of getting a promotion and that's kinda been how it's worked for a long time. Before the promotion of Nacreas he was in TS with admins and mods every day and yeah that's probably how you're going to get recognised however, they do have to bring someone into the team who they're going to get along with, they're not going to bring someone in who doesn't get on with anyone in the team because when you become a moderator or admin you leave role-playing, you're horded with @ calls. I imagine that a lot of communication goes on between staff members too and this requires for them to get along and I'm sure it makes being a staff member much more enjoyable.
(Sorry to use you as an example Nacreas, not saying you kissed ass but just that you were evidently friends with the staff prior to being promoted)
It's obviously hard to judge someone if you don't know them.. but I personally have turned down (voted down) people I don't really see fit for the position even how great they are and good friends we are, and so have many other admins. Many admins do view it objectivly.

Some think they could be good admins/mods, but the blatant truth, not many does. At least not on FL.

But folks, let's stop the bashing and picking up names to use for your arguments. It honestly is really pathetic.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 3 users Like Floodify's post:
  • General Rickets, Nacreas, Dex
I really don't see why you are arguing about who is mod or admin, I'd very much appriciate it if you don't call one of us a kiss-ass as well.