Unblacklist Request
Your name: [FL:RP] [W-G] Panzer
Your blacklist ID: 48764
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:60371714
Reason: 'Stealing car in public area'
Staff member who blacklisted you: [FL] Nightfury
Reason why you should be unblacklisted: There's a few. Firstly, I'd like to point out the 'public area' fiasco.
If this truly is a rule, then how should I steal cars? Street Crime Rule No.1 gives examples of the Industrial Area and Slums District, but both are open to the General Public. Am I only allowed to commit crime in private property? That seems unrealistic.
Secondly, with regards to Nightfury's argument stating that the street I stole from is an unrealistic area 24/7, I strongly disagree. A server that pushes (and quite rightly so) good, strong RP background so far forward should see that hardly anything is a constant. In this situation, there were two shops on the street. One mechanic, one a Passive RP. I walked around the Block 4 times until I could guarantee a lack of Police/Witness presence. When I was sure, I stole the Blue Corvette and headed out of the city. Now, a circumstance where this would be an unrealistic area would be if one of the many 'Security' RP clans established a HQ there. My reasons for this street being realistic are as follows;
  • No witnesses.
  • No Police presence
  • No law-enforcement buildings
  • No law enforcement vehicles
Thirdly, despite my best efforts, Nightfury wasn't being 100% clear with why I was being sanctioned and was quite blunt - even uncaring about what I had to say in my defense. Whenever I asked for a response on my argument, I got the same 'Public Place' sentence. I feel if a player is being punished in this way, they should at the very least know the Admin's VALID REASON LINKED TO THE RULES. As it stands at the moment, the rules say nothing about Crime in a "public area" and I have no idea on what grounds Nightfury has decided to issue this blacklist.
I took screenshots of this encounter, and they can be found in the album that follows: 
http://imgur.com/KF4MoV9,XyGkj9N,xYxSvGp...Cu,UsNGteL
The reason why I blacklisted you for the reason of committing a crime a public place (Street Crime Rule #1) is because that is the rule that you broke, I have explained it to you enough times and you continued to argue with my statement.

Here's my question. Where did you steal the car from?
I'd like you to answer that and if it was in a public place then I really don't understand why you are writing an unblacklist request.

A reminder,
Street Crime Rule #1

Spoiler :
You may only commit street crime in realistic areas (ie. The slums or the Industrial district - anywhere which is far from the government).

Note; I am aware that at that time there could have not been anyone around (Police, ect.) but I did not blacklist you for that reason I blacklisted you because of commiting a crime in public.
(02-16-2015, 02:19 PM)NightFury Wrote: The reason why I blacklisted you for the reason of committing a crime a public place (Street Crime Rule #1) is because that is the rule that you broke, I have explained it to you enough times and you continued to argue with my statement.

Here's my question. Where did you steal the car from?
I'd like you to answer that and if it was in a public place then I really don't understand why you are writing an unblacklist request.

A reminder,
Street Crime Rule #1

Spoiler :
You may only commit street crime in realistic areas (ie. The slums or the Industrial district - anywhere which is far from the government).

Note; I am aware that at that time there could have not been anyone around (Police, ect.) but I did not blacklist you for that reason I blacklisted you because of commiting a crime in public.

The car was stolen in a public place.
Everywhere in the server that's outside is a public place too (barring gardens).
You've essentially said I cannot commit a crime anywhere and sanctioned me for that reason.
Inside the city, next to the gas station is a public place.
Most places outside the city are not public.
You just said that you done it in a public place and that is why I've blacklisted you
Denied.