Forums Back!
Thanks to Soul The Forums are slowly coming back online, Seems the Bans page and other things are still not working.

Props to Soul though for working 2 days straight on getting the forums back.
The following 1 user Likes Dryblood's post:
  • equal
Awesome Cheese
Good to have it back Cheese
nice
The server is now hosted on a VPS, so it won't get suspended anymore by ddos attacks.

I'm trying to get my FTP to work, but Linux is a PAIN to work with.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 1 user Likes SoulRipper's post:
  • Theblackshadowofgod
(09-09-2011, 06:54 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: but Linux is a PAIN to work with.
Good thing my name's Painkiller.

Oh well back on topic, nice work getting it back on Cheese
The donate page is working again and safe to use, if you donated before the website crash, please let us know and we'll check it for you.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
(09-09-2011, 06:54 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: The server is now hosted on a VPS, so it won't get suspended anymore by ddos attacks.

I'm trying to get my FTP to work, but Linux is a PAIN to work with.

Well, not necessarily. While a virtual private server mitigates the risk of a DDOS attack vs shared hosting, it does not eliminate it. Now, I assmue whoever decided to attack the website was probably some butthurt kid who had gotten banned, and most likely used some script; like a udp flooder, or a shell booter that he bought of of some sort of hack forum. A VPS should be fine from that, mostly because your provider should have appropriate infrastructure and enough resources. But if someone with real connections and capabilities and is determined to attack with with, let's say a botnet or even a large, large amount of shells, you would probably not be able to survive the attack, even with a VPS. And in most cases, the VPS may not even care that your being attacked, but they care more about damage to their infrastructure, and they might just take your VPS offline so that the attacker thinks they have completed their objective and stops the attack early.

Nothing can really stop a concentrated and determined DDoS, besided having a MASSIVE infrastructure; i.e. companies like Twitter, Google, Paypal etc.

I really have no idea why I just typed all that.