CityRP Update "Red Alert"
If we're adding hats, we should include a hazard mask for those who cannot afford to buy the full Gas Mask suit! I could see it going well if there were any more apocalypse RP events or maybe some simple plague RP.
The following 2 users Like Theomenz's post:
  • James_Gaff, Benporium
Hats are not in yet, just being developed and a few people were trying them today. They are also donator only.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
(02-24-2015, 10:32 PM)Theomenz Wrote: If we're adding hats, we should include a hazard mask for those who cannot afford to buy the full Gas Mask suit! I could see it going well if there were any more apocalypse RP events or maybe some simple plague RP.
If it's needed for an event then an admin or dev has the power to change player models, so that can be done, I'd like to see all aspects of the gas mask kept as the 10RPP award.
(02-24-2015, 09:12 PM)TheMJ Wrote:
(02-24-2015, 07:56 PM)Reebs Wrote: Are the lights live yet?

Yes. They are live and implemented with ALT, and they work simultaneously with the sirens Smile

How does one change the siren tone if that's live?
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
(02-24-2015, 10:25 PM)Jamster Wrote:
(02-24-2015, 10:09 PM)mike3497 Wrote: -snip-

-snip-

Ok I will explain how the lights are ugly. 
The picture on the left is the current lighting system on the server. The one of the right is of the Photon lighting system, which is a FREE download that includes both lights and sirens. You can customize it for any car so Mavis could do it on the CityRP car.

Now, what makes the current lights so ugly is that the LEDs in the lightbar don't even look like they are on. With the Photon lights, you can clearly see how each individual LED in the lightbar is lit up and on. It looks a lot more realistic.

One thing you cannot tell by the picture is the way the lights alternate. With CityRP's lights, they just flash back and forth slowly. In Photon, the lights flash fast and have a neat pattern. You can even toggle through the light stages and have certain lights on at a time.
[Image: 3e3cXgL.jpg]
Now can you honestly tell me that the current lights are not ugly.
(02-24-2015, 11:29 PM)mike3497 Wrote:
(02-24-2015, 10:25 PM)Jamster Wrote:
(02-24-2015, 10:09 PM)mike3497 Wrote: -snip-

-snip-

-snip-

What is your understanding of: Beta state ?
The following 1 user Likes De CodeerHeer's post:
  • James_Gaff
Also, Mavis's version has something Photon doesn't: It checks what parts are on the car and enables/disables lights as appropriate.

So if someone has a lightbar removed, they don't have floating flashing lights above their car, like they would with Photon.
lol
And, you can mount a custom light on your car which flashes!
(02-25-2015, 01:35 AM)Mavis Dracula Wrote: And, you can mount a custom light on your car which flashes!

That's cool and all but I don't see the point in letting people do that. I got on earlier to check out the new lights and pretty much every police officer had their own car out with that light on it. They were using cars that are not realistically used. For a server that's big on RP'ing like you would in real-life, letting people use their own cars as police cars doesn't seem right.
(02-25-2015, 01:40 AM)mike3497 Wrote:
(02-25-2015, 01:35 AM)Mavis Dracula Wrote: And, you can mount a custom light on your car which flashes!

That's cool and all but I don't see the point in letting people do that. I got on earlier to check out the new lights and pretty much every police officer had their own car out with that light on it. They were using cars that are not realistically used. For a server that's big on RP'ing like you would in real-life, letting people use their own cars as police cars doesn't seem right.

It's got an admin command which needs to be enabled to allow you to have it on a custom car, it will end up being strict like the current mechanic command, anyway, stop complaining about it, Mavis has put a lot of hard work into these updates and all you do is complain about a BETA version? Not even the full finished version? Wise up.
The following 1 user Likes Mustang's post:
  • Wood