Hostage/Fear RP in regards to the President
Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this topic

I have noticed that people seem to think that HostageRP and FearRP rules apply exactly the same whether you're raiding the nexus or are on the street.

Surely the two are completely different.

Personally I think that when you have a hostage on the street then HostageRP applies.
But if you are raiding the nexus then it should be different as the nexus is the "white house" and holds the President.

If you took someone hostage and went up to the white house (IRL) and said that everyone needs to drop their weapons, what do you think would happen?

Would the secret service agents comply, or would they shoot you dead where you stood?

--

The thing is, is that it's the SRU's (and President's Guards) duty to protect the President at all costs.
They are not just going to lay down their weapons and allow you to kill the most important person on the server because you have a hostage.

Surely the life of the President takes priority over the life of a hostage.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
The SRU is not the Presidents personal security detail. They are a heavily equipped team that is there to assist the Police in situations that require heavy firepower or the extra man power (Raids, Lockdowns, Manhunts). When they are not out doing that they are to be guarding the Nexus, not the President specifically.
(01-24-2015, 07:41 PM)Nevy Wrote: The SRU is not the Presidents personal security detail. They are a heavily equipped team that is there to assist the Police in situations that require heavy firepower or the extra man power (Raids, Lockdowns, Manhunts). When they are not out doing that they are to be guarding the Nexus, not the President specifically.

So what about the Presidents Guard(s)?

-edit-
Also as the SRU are just police, then surely the President's Guard is a higher rank than them.*
So if someone is raiding the nexus, the President's Guard can issue orders to the SRU and the rest of the police force.
(ie)
Kill any unauthorsied person that comes up that lift.

*Ranks: (can issue orders to the below)
President
President's Guard
---
SRU
Police
---
Other EMS (Fire/Medic)
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
In real life however, if a SWAT Team (SRU) was present at the time where the President was, their main interest would be to prevent him from harm instead of said hostage.
(01-24-2015, 07:34 PM)RIC0H Wrote: Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this topic

I have noticed that people seem to think that HostageRP and FearRP rules apply exactly the same whether you're raiding the nexus or are on the street.

Surely the two are completely different.

Personally I think that when you have a hostage on the street then HostageRP applies.
But if you are raiding the nexus then it should be different as the nexus is the "white house" and holds the President.

If you took someone hostage and went up to the white house (IRL) and said that everyone needs to drop their weapons, what do you think would happen?

Would the secret service agents comply, or would they shoot you dead where you stood?

--

The thing is, is that it's the SRU's (and President's Guards) duty to protect the President at all costs.
They are not just going to lay down their weapons and allow you to kill the most important person on the server because you have a hostage.

Surely the life of the President takes priority over the life of a hostage.

Hello,

Can I just point some few quotes out.

Quote:SRU's (and President's Guards) duty to protect the President at all costs
SRU aren't at the Nexus to Defend the President, They are in the Nexus to defend THE NEXUS and go out to support raids. SRU May go to the president but they aren't really meant to be like guardians.

Quote:lay down their weapons and allow you to kill the most important person
They don't have to lay down their weapons they just don't shoot. If they or you shoot FearRP is off and the police can take the risk as they are threatening to far, enough for you to take a chance.

Quote:think that HostageRP and FearRP rules apply exactly the same whether you're raiding the nexus or are on the street.
FearRP and HostageRP are two different things. FearRP is that you should listen to the person who has a weapon pointed at you. If you both have weapons then I guess it's a mini staring competition till someone fires or calls for backup. HostageRP is where someone has been taken hostage. This meaning that the play must be with the Hostagee(s) at most times. If they want to attempt to escape. They have to point the weapon at the hostage. FearRP is involved in this meaning that both have weapons. If they Hostagee(s) fire once. You have all right to eliminate if needed.

Quote:secret service agents comply, or would they shoot you dead where you stood?
This is completely debatable.

Obviously because I'm British we don't have a major SS so I don't fully know, however with it they would actually comply unless they know they will be able to take the shot without harm or wound of the President.

Quote:Surely the life of the President takes priority over the life of a hostage
I don't think you understand Hostages well. People who are doing HostageRP don't instantly kill their victim, They will do if you deny their orders but FearRP does apply as they are threatening you.

Overall, It is a very good topic to talk about as it is hard to talk about. There is nothing to really see in it as there isn't a FULL Definition of what HostageRP and FearRP are.
(01-24-2015, 07:46 PM)RIC0H Wrote:
(01-24-2015, 07:41 PM)Nevy Wrote: The SRU is not the Presidents personal security detail. They are a heavily equipped team that is there to assist the Police in situations that require heavy firepower or the extra man power (Raids, Lockdowns, Manhunts). When they are not out doing that they are to be guarding the Nexus, not the President specifically.

So what about the Presidents Guard(s)?

-edit-
Also as the SRU are just police, then surely the President's Guard is a higher rank than them.*
So if someone is raiding the nexus, the President's Guard can issue orders to the SRU and the rest of the police force.
(ie)
Kill any unauthorsied person that comes up that lift.

*Ranks: (can issue orders to the below)
President
President's Guard
---
SRU
Police
---
Other EMS (Fire/Medic)

There is also no Ranking system.
It goes like this.

President
l
l
l
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
l                       l                 l                      l
Police Sgt              l                 l                SRU Sgt
                                                                               Police           President      Emergency    SRU Agents
     Services        Services

[b][b][b][b]All of the services are different and Only the president can control them all. The SRU SGT cannot control the Police. They can give ideas. But not control.[/b][/b][/b][/b]
The following 1 user Likes Dick's post:
  • Ivan Tempski
Best thing to do is do some research and use a little common sense. Put yourself in situation of the role play and imagine how it would play out in a real life situation.
Once you have a clear outline and understanding of how the situation will play out, mimic it but at the same time, keep all sections of rule "FearRP" in mind and adapt your role play to suit the rules as much as possible.

Just because the SRU are heavily gunned also does mean they have the right to override the rule, they must abide and fear for the presidents life. Once the aspects have fired a shot, FearRP is then ignore and the government can return fire if the hostage is in clear view.

No matter what happens - even if SRU aren't the presidents security guards, if they are called, it is their job to fix the matter by All means possible.
If anything, all of the police force and the full SRU squad SHOULD be there in attempt to overpower the situation.
[Image: e5bf68204644a67fc15ab6cd327926a2.png]