[FL:M] Raptor - Demote abuse.
Name: [FL:RP] Sgt. Suarez

Time/Date: 08/01/15 - 6:45 ish

Steam ID: [FL:M] Raptor - STEAM_0:0:50065871
[FL:RP] Sgt. Suarez - STEAM_0:1:70851645

Name of Administrator: [FL:M] Raptor

Evidence: [Image: 6374126FBFD81A870D46E3DC4B397C320EB6A76B]

Raptor, featured in that picture is seen to have demoted himself from Security Guard. I believe he demoted himself from it to circumvent the cool down timer. When asked ingame I got no reply and posted this. I have asked several members and they said an abuse thread could be warranted. As I said no reason was explained, and if there is a valid reason. I apologise for wasting time. I see no reason for why he could have demoted himself to deal with an administrative call, he could have quite simply done it in a different model. 
I was going to do a United Nations - Peacekeeper RP with other people around the server and I wanted to change my job back to citizen so I can do it considering that I can not really do it as a security guard.

I don't see how this is abuse considering that allot of players make @ requests about them wanting to get demoted to go back to citizen or if they picked the wrong job for the RP, I don't see how me as a staff member makes it abuse.
I cannot see how you cannot RP as a Peacekeeper as Security Guard. Makes more sense than a citizen with a gas mask. I can see how it is abuse as you are circumventing the cooldown system which you've just admitted to. The cooldown system is there for a reason and not to be circumvented. Why put it there if you can just demote yourself and go straight past it? Normal players cannot demote themselves because they picked the wrong job. Do you have any evidence of after demoting yourself going to change your job to United Nations - Peacekeeper? Also, does this have anything to do with your "little chat" with Rickets a few minutes ago? You seemed to move into Infernaw's room for a couple of minutes and from what I can guess, talk about the Abuse case and possible what to actually write in reply.

[Image: 848b77dda39368cecd43b492a7eca70f.png]

[Image: bf6a09f32104dcbd44b503bfb70f90a2.png]

[Image: 9f8ac70a877a537b324ea493c4f0b400.png]

Of course you can discuss your Admin Abuse case but not if it affected what you wrote. Why do you have to go to the channel no-one else has access to, to discuss it?
All i'm going to say regarding that is that it is completely irrelevant. Id also like to add that if you check the channel we were in it contained around 15 people. Very hard to talk in a channel that full. Unless you can provide evidence I suggest not trying to bring others into this. Staff members have to have private discussions about a lot of aspects of fearless.

here's evidence regarding my claim of me changing my job for an RP. As a citizen I didn't even use the gas mask considering that I only have 6 roleplay points. The cooldown system was mostly their so people do not powergame, what I did was not powergaming.

Just a reminder on what powergaming is according to the rules.
Job Rule 4.
Don't change jobs and buy what you need and change to another job. (powergaming).

Evidence that I did infact do the RP after I demoted myself.
v2d [19:45:44] [FL:M] Raptor (STEAM_0:0:50065871) said: /demote RAptor
v2d [19:45:47] [FL:M] Raptor (STEAM_0:0:50065871) has spawned as Citizen
v2d [19:45:50] [FL:M] Raptor (STEAM_0:0:50065871) said: /job United Nations - Peacekeeper
I never said that you would go Citizen and use a gas mask, it was a generalization of most UN RPs I've seen. You still used a feature staff have for your own benefit which is in my eyes abuse. Although it isn't a huge amount of abuse, it seems like it to me.
I've already mentioned the fact that some players request to get demoted back into citizen, and most of the times we do demote them if they request it. I don't see how it is abuse because I am a staff member.
(01-08-2015, 08:16 PM)Sgt. Suarez Wrote: I never said that you would go Citizen and use a gas mask, it was a generalization of most UN RPs I've seen. You still used a feature staff have for your own benefit which is in my eyes abuse. Although it isn't a huge amount of abuse, it seems like it to me.

So when players ask to be demoted that's abuse too?

I'm afraid I fail to see the abuse here.

Where is it exactly?

As long as Raptor didn't use that command to evade an RP situation then no rules were broken. I often demote myself and I see countless other staff-members doing the same. What you're doing is nitpicking at a staff-member trying to point out every mistake you can find.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
Players don't have access to the command and Raptor's used it for self-benefit. I see your points but I don't necessarily agree with them, there isn't anything more to say and unless I need to I will not post anymore. Let an another admin decide whether it is or not. Rickets your first post you said not to bring staff members into it. So if you don't want to be involved, stop posting.

Enzyme, how exactly am I pointing out every mistake? As I stated in the OP, I asked several members whether they thought it was abuse because we have to go through the timer and staff suddenly do not have to? Is it so hard to provide a reason after it like "wrong job"? You're using a command to benefit others to benefit yourself, abuse.