Respect and Judging.
I have actually had a discussion on this topic with some people I know. I do believe that high houred people do disregard low houred people a lot of the time, including myself. I used to see someone young and low houred and when they used to speak to me I'd stay silent, then I realised I was just like that once, nobody was their during my first 80 hours were I was a squeaker so I have changed my mind, even last night I heard someone at 150 hours shout at this new kid "STFU your like 5". At that point it just goes to far, I understand if your really bothered by it, just say your busy and walk away, but humiliating someone new to the server that is interested in it just to make those around you laugh is undoubtedly wrong.

I also agree with the point that low houred/RPP users do not have the same opportunity to get a RP job compared to someone who has the opposite, you constantly see "oh god 30 hour pres" when they don't even bother to give them a chance, this usually comes from those that are not bothering to RP by walking around as citizens and not contributing to the server in a big way unlike this 30 hour user that is trying. It becomes a problem when the user does not want to learn, I understand that, if they come to grief then obviously they should be removed.

Finally a word of advise, if you can help a newcomer to follow your words of wisdom in the early hours of their experience then in the long run you will help their overall role playing capability and give them the option to help others like you helped them.
The following 1 user Likes Smex's post:
  • Voluptious