The Origins of CityRP
Recently, I have been really interested in the gamemode's past, does anyone know if CityRP was built from scratch or was it a derivative of some other gamemode?
Derivative of cider, a really great gamemode hanging around on the old GMod versions. Later called applejack, it took a long time for it to be moved to GMod 13, where this guy did and renamed it CityRP and sold it with Lexicality's (Maker of Applejack) permission. Nowadays an updated applejack gamemode is free on Lexi's github. Also, from my understanding, Wood (A.k.a Wood Chopper) helped build CityRP also.
I can't find the link to the original post where the guy was selling it, sorry.
EDIT:
This is the rough information I gathered when I begun to develop my own Applejack server, so it won't be spot on but that's the gist. I don't know how it got into FLs hands, as in if they bought it or what not.
(12-29-2014, 03:21 PM)CapybaraZech Wrote: Derivative of cider, a really great gamemode hanging around on the old GMod versions. Later called applejack, it took a long time for it to be moved to GMod 13, where this guy did and renamed it CityRP and sold it with Lexicality's (Maker of Applejack) permission. Nowadays an updated applejack gamemode is free on Lexi's github. Also, from my understanding, Wood (A.k.a Wood Chopper) helped build CityRP also.
I can't find the link to the original post where the guy was selling it, sorry.
EDIT:
This is the rough information I gathered when I begun to develop my own Applejack server, so it won't be spot on but that's the gist. I don't know how it got into FLs hands, as in if they bought it or what not.

Thanks for the info, it sounds really interesting.
Fearless started with a DarkRP, a guy named Danny Sikker started giving Soul a few new ideas of how to finetune the gamemode. Later it was changed to Cider/Applejack. But honestly, most of the gamemode is unique, created by Fallen, Temar, BlackShadowOfGod and all the other nameless contributors.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • Von Tempski
Wood didn't help build CityRP, otherwise he would be a dev... sure, he has added certain features, but he didn't create the base gamemode.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

The following 1 user Likes Link's post:
  • Ivan Tempski
Well sounds intresting but does Wood support the hosting of the servers or what?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Image: x0guvvR.png?1]
A Rep would help! Click here
Nah, I didn't create FLs base, but I ported a version of Lexis old Applejack from GMod 12, into GMod13 a year ago or so. This actually resulted in me receiving a permanent ban since Narcotic thought I'd nicked CityRP, but sent proof to Soul it was my gamemode which I ported and coded and the ban was lifted. I now use my Applejack gamemode for the Estleback Training Server.

I do help code things on Fearless, which you'll have noticed with the Christmas updates and the upcoming Spikestrip and Chef system I'm creating for FL. Other than that, I don't provide servers or anything to FL, just support the coding side. I'm not a developer for FL, just a keen Lua coder who has spare time to help develop the community!
Kind Regards,
Wood.
(12-29-2014, 03:33 PM)Equalizer Wrote: Fearless started with a DarkRP, a guy named Danny Sikker started giving Soul a few new ideas of how to finetune the gamemode. Later it was changed to Cider/Applejack. But honestly, most of the gamemode is unique, created by Fallen, Temar, BlackShadowOfGod and all the other nameless contributors.
I do wish Fallen was still a part of FL. He seemed like he modelled some pretty neat things in his time.
 Zecon
not an Administrator
One part of the gamemodes origin everyone seems to forget is long before it was called Cider and after it was simply known as DarkRP it was known as RP08, a gamemode stolen by Kudomiku/Kuromiku from the old community BB after he was booted off their dev team after it was discovered he was selling clientside scripts to players on the server that let them detect items,players and clientside hack keypads. (Keypad hackers back then were like magic) and adding in one hit kill weapons he could use.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
This is really interesting. Coding really interests me, and is my passion.