Half-Life DJ
Information 
I am trying to get to know how to use 'HLDJ' (Half-Life DJ) it's basically where Audio from things like Youtube video's, music and so on can be taken into game and broadcasted out of your microphone.

I added all my games.

I put the audio file of what I needed into audacity, edited it, and saved it into 'garrysmod/garrysmod/sounds' and when I go into game and launch if via HLDJ and open up the console and type in 'la' and then it comes up with a list of sounds. Up to 99 sounds.

I saved the file as 'AaaaaLaaaaA' just so it would be near the top, and it managed to get through. (Remember this is for Garry's Mod)

You then have to select a number (A sound) and I did so. '3' was the file I needed, I go into game and I pressed my 'Play Audio Key' which is 'M' and people say they can't hear anything being said from the file.

Please could you leave any suggestions of what I may have done wrong. It is the right file (.wav not MP3).

[Image: ezgif_com_save.gif] Oh, Ariana. Stop it, you!
Make sure the following console commands are set:

sv_use_steam_voice 0
sv_allow_voice_from_file 1
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
Didn't work, damn. I'm sure that was another step I needed to take, must be something else i'm missing. I selected 'garrysmod' and then made my key 'm' then I made the audio directory go to the game, that is correct? Right? I then did what you said, launched the game via HLDJ, and then typed 'la' selected my file types in '3' it selected that file, then I hit my play audio key and it still didn't work. Something i'm missing? Did I put the audio directory in the wrong place?

HLDJ is not working for gmod because of the source engine update. Don't use it
Really? It was working fine for me this morning.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
(09-03-2011, 04:12 PM)Sir Raffi Wrote: Really? It was working fine for me this morning.

Then I must've made a mistake
Erhm, You forgot one command: voice_inputfromfile 1

With this and the ones Raffi said, it should work nicely.

On a sidenote, why not use the default folder for your music? the one located in the HLDJ folder called 'Audio'
(09-03-2011, 05:00 PM)Whoop Wrote: Erhm, You forgot one command: voice_inputfromfile 1

On a sidenote, why not use the default folder for your music? the one located in the HLDJ folder called 'Audio'

Looked for that, didn't show up Sad

(09-03-2011, 06:36 PM)Small Bear Wrote:
(09-03-2011, 05:00 PM)Whoop Wrote: Erhm, You forgot one command: voice_inputfromfile 1

because you need to make a default folder now.
(09-04-2011, 04:33 AM)NINJA Wrote:
(09-03-2011, 06:36 PM)Small Bear Wrote:

because you need to make a default folder now.

Oh ok