[Guide] Paramedic Guide
Medic RP and How to Do It
A guide written by Sir Raffi

I've begun to play as a Paramedic on the server a lot recently because it doesn't seem to be a very popular job - and when you do it properly, Paramedic RP is fulfilling and, most importantly, fun. Here's a guide on how to do it right:

1. I've just spawned. What now?
Now might be a good time to set up an office or a small medical station, preferrably in the GHQ (as a Paramedic, you are working for the government) or in your house/apartment. Do something that passes the time. You should also buy yourself an ambulance if you haven't already; at the price of $1,000, you should be able to afford one without any problems. It's also a good idea to make sure all other government officials are aware you are working as a Paramedic, so if they need help, they know who to talk to.

2. Nothing's happening. What should I do?
You should also spend some time driving around the place and learning where everything is. There's nothing worse than not knowing where the villas are when someone there is in dire need of medical assistance!
You might have one or two people (not necessarily always government officials) running up to you asking for medical assistance. In which case, follow the next step...

3. Someone needs medical assistance.
Stop! Don't just whip out your portable medkit and start healing them. Remember, this is not Team Fortress 2. Garry's Mod RP is infinitely slower-paced. What you should do is ask where the injury is. Once you know (in-character) where the injury is, improvise. Use the /me command extensively. For example:

/me opens his bag and takes out a bandage. He wraps the bandage around Joe's arm, covering the injury. The bandage stains red slightly.

Once you have completed the healing procedure, you may go ahead and heal the player using your medkit. If you like, you may also use the /it command. For instance:

/me wraps the bandage around Joe's arm.
/it The bandage stains red slightly.

4. This person is a right sod and can't roleplay for toffee.
If you can't get along with the other person (they are spamming 'heal me omg use ur medkit!!!' or they are clearly unable to use the /me command), tell them, using Local OOC, what to do. Tell them they can just make up the injury, as long as it makes sense, and use the /me command to show where the injury is. Be patient and firmly tell them you will not heal them until they comply.

5. A raid is taking place! Can I help?
Of course! If a paramedic is requested, hop into your ambulance and get over there! (it helps if you know where you're going) If you don't know where the situation is, then ask away. You should get a prompt answer. Otherwise, keep asking. It may also be helpful to bring any other paramedics along with you.
You must remember that you may not heal people on the battlefield. Stay in cover and if anyone comes by, heal them quickly. Do not become a combat medic, and do not go around spamming the medkit on everyone! Not only is it a sign of bad RP, it is also very dangerous! Again, this is not Team Fortress 2. The Medkit is of much shorter range, and it is not very flexible (it can't ubercharge people either). Also, during the battle, dismiss the random person appearing and asking for help. Tell him/her to leave. (don't say "nothing to see here" because you'll look like an idiot)

6. The battle's over and everyone's been patched up. Now what?
Be prepared to have lots of people approaching you and asking for help. Don't use this as an excuse to simply ejaculate medicine on everyone you see, though. Keep roleplaying; you'll be guaranteed praise from your peers and you'll have fun roleplaying. What would be a while may seem like just ten seconds!
When you're done, resume your normal life. Report back to the GHQ and ask once more if anyone needs medical assistance. Someone may have been wounded and escaped in search of medical assistance or a safe haven. Take a rest, but don't let your guard down; another raid may be just around the corner!

If you think I've forgotten anything, let me know.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
Moved to guides.

(I'm on a Tidying Spree)
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]
The following 2 users Like ForceGhost's post:
  • Ms. Mudpie, KurdishFalcon
Great guide Raffi really great guide hope you can make some more good guides Smile

it has my

Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

Sweet guide, I might start playing paramedic sometime, its actually fun Smile
Edited, cleaned up, improved.

Also, thanks for the approval!
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
(02-21-2012, 01:09 PM)Insanity Wrote: Sweet guide, I might start playing paramedic sometime, its actually fun Smile

Props to you.

I see way too many medics who mix up Gmod with TF2.

W+M1 on every person they see. Literally everybody.
This guide makes the paramedic job sound fun. I will begin playing as paramedic Much more now!
[Image: KyhzLMb.png]
Credits to Rain.

Whenever i'm paramedic I play the Casualty theme song, really gets you in the mood.
Perfect guide, thank you for it, it opened my eyes on some things regarding to paramedic job.