Opening console crashes Gmod
Title says it.

Everytime I try to open the console, my game will crash.
I feel like that could really put me in a bad spot soon, so if anyone knows some tricks that might fix it that would be great.
Erh, go to Garry's Mod in your steam library, then click properties. Then click set launch options.

Do you have anything in there? I know there's a few things that people put in launch properties which actually end up breaking GMod.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
(12-26-2014, 10:52 PM)Wood Wrote: Erh, go to Garry's Mod in your steam library, then click properties. Then click set launch options.

Do you have anything in there? I know there's a few things that people put in launch properties which actually end up breaking GMod.

Actually, yeah I do.

Quote:+r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 -heapsize 3145728 +cl_cmdrate 100 +myinfo_bytes 2000 +cl_updaterate 101 +rate 30000 -dxlevel 80 -w 1600 -h 900 -windowed +mat_antialias 8 +mat_forceaniso 16
Yeah, think that's the issue. Try running it without them settings, I'm not sure what it is, but one of them causes console crashes.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
I also had this problem some months ago, it's got something to do with your DirectX settings, you could edit one of the settings in the launch options, I forgot the exact setting though.
I actually had the same problem too some months ago. I fixed it by putting in -dxlevel 95 into the launch options. I had the problems for months and after the atmos weather mod didn't work and i searched for a fix I found that. Atmos mod worked again and the console finally worked again.