Poll: Would you like to see new weapons on CityRP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
90.32%
112 90.32%
No
9.68%
12 9.68%
Total 124 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New Weapons.
Hey guys, lately I've heard a lot of discussion regarding the changing of weapons, so I've decided to come up with a thread that will decide once and for all..

The current weapons are from CS:S and although they fit in with the gamemode extremely well, they are very out-dated with the current content that is available for Garrys Mod 13.

I recommend watching the video.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=180507408

Above is a link of the weapons that have been discussed recently. Feel free to download and test them out for yourself. There is a whole new range of weaponry, and most importantly, there is attachable/detachable parts. This will work similar to the Vehicle Bodygrouping system.

Regarding the attachable/detachable parts, you could have these parts a purchasable item so that every gun has it's own personal value. Players will be spending a lot more on making their guns to their preferred specifications. This also makes players 'afraid' to lose their weapons. Upon weapon drops after deaths, the parts will be lost, but the base of the gun will be dropped. This is so that when a player picks up the dropped weapon, they start from scratch and re-build the weapon.

So, to the big question...

Would you like to see new weapons on CityRP?

Rules:-

- Any arguments will result in the thread being closed. However, the poll will remain open.
- Only 1 vote per person. (No making numerous accounts)
- All votes will be accounted for, and all opinions will be valued.
The following 1 user Likes Jonesy's post:
  • Bowiii
Fearless badly needs new weapons. A lot of members experience lag during gunfights and the overall look and sound of the weapons are bad.
(12-05-2014, 09:16 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote: Fearless badly needs new weapons. A lot of members experience lag during gunfights and the overall look and sound of the weapons are bad.
Exactly what George said, new weapons, updated weapons and just a new system would not in anyway lead to more shootouts than there is now except for maybe the first day when everyone wants to try the newest toys.

I dont know why this part of FLs content is so woefully neglected, weapons are a huge part of FL whether people like it or not, and we should not just let them sit, be buggy and cause problems for people
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
I agree. FL needs a weapon overhaul. However, I don't think the adjustable attachments, etc. is necessary if we want to continue to provide a non-provocative passive RP environment

We should definitely get improved weapons that have better textures, cause less lag, and make different sounds..
But I don't believe the modifiable weapons pack is our best bet. We want this to be CityRP, not Call of Duty.
The following 1 user Likes Matrix_'s post:
  • Cujo
Weapon attachments is another cash sink it needs as well
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 2 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • Smex, Nevy
(12-05-2014, 09:27 PM)Matrix_ Wrote: I agree. FL needs a weapon overhaul. However, I don't think the adjustable attachments, etc. is necessary if we want to continue to provide a non-provocative passive RP environment

We should definitely get improved weapons that have better textures, cause less lag, and make different sounds..
But I don't believe the modifiable weapons pack is our best bet. We want this to be CityRP, not Call of Duty.

The weapon attachments are a great way for the richest players in fearless to pool their money away, Currently we have people with 8 million ingame cash and near 30 million inventory worth, now if that is not ridiculous then I don't know what is, with the attachments able to be lost during a raid, they can go up to near 5k. If they are lost in the raid then they are gone. Make them non-pickupable apart from the weapon and very quickly we will see money value go down and people will actually have to spend the money they have spent years accumulating, I think creating things for people to actually spend their money on will be a important step in FL as I can tell you now I have an excess of weapons I will never end up using.
(12-05-2014, 09:27 PM)Matrix_ Wrote: We want this to be CityRP, not Call of Duty.

That's why the price of weapons will be boosted, and the attachments will cost a fair bit too. Being involved in aggressiveRP will be risky and with a high cost.
(12-05-2014, 09:35 PM)Jonesy Wrote:
(12-05-2014, 09:27 PM)Matrix_ Wrote: We want this to be CityRP, not Call of Duty.

That's why the price of weapons will be boosted, and the attachments will cost a fair bit too. Being involved in aggressiveRP will be risky and with a high cost.

You have a valid point.
I just was fearing someone running around with a shotgun attachment on their AK47.
That would be call of duty.
The gamemode is still outdated in my opinion, some things are finally getting updated now like the F1 update which changed alot already, but the weapons badly need a update. The attachable parts is not needed but it is a damn good addition to have. But it should all stay as realistic as possible of course.