De-accept the third person suggestion
(12-02-2014, 08:27 PM)General Rickets Wrote:
(12-02-2014, 08:13 PM)Jan Wrote:
(12-02-2014, 08:10 PM)General Rickets Wrote: If people didn't abuse it to such an extent it might warrant more discussion however as it stands it is major improvement to remove it.

And then what? It has been proven the recoil isn't much differend in third person. If you decide to remove the third person view when holding a weapon people would just unequip the weapon and have a look in third person view, it just doesn't make sense to remove a feature so many people love.

And let's face it, around 80% of all Fearless players only use third person.

I don't think you understood what I said. The bug doesn't bother me, I raid in first person. I only care about people abusing third person t look around corners and over props as I've just said. It gives a ridiculous advantage which is extremely unrealistic.

Then why not fix the bug instead of running away from it by removing a feature completely?
(12-02-2014, 08:35 PM)Jan Wrote:
(12-02-2014, 08:10 PM)General Rickets Wrote: If people didn't abuse it to such an extent it might warrant more discussion however as it stands it is major improvement to remove it.

And then what? It has been proven the recoil isn't much differend in third person. If you decide to remove the third person view when holding a weapon people would just unequip the weapon and have a look in third person view, it just doesn't make sense to remove a feature so many people love.

I don't think you understood what I said. The bug doesn't bother me, I raid in first person. I only care about people abusing third person t look around corners and over props as I've just said. It gives a ridiculous advantage which is extremely unrealistic.

Then why not fix the bug instead of running away from it by removing a feature completely?
If I understood correctly, which you have not by what I have seen, is that he is removing thirdperson when using a weapon, not completely. Furthermore how would you go about fixing looking around corners? Impossible. This something you cannot fix, only something that you can restrict so that people can no longer abuse it. 
The following 2 users Like Smex's post:
  • General Rickets, DoomDude1

Can you take a second and read what I said properly please?
It is abused when people use it to look around corners and over props

The following 1 user Likes General Rickets's post:
  • Burnett
Third person works like any other game.

Why is this being discussed now and not years ago? Clearly it wasn't a problem and only recently seems to be?

There are also suggestions there with literally 100% community support which are just neglected and this one gets approved with barely any...
Regards,
aviator
The following 5 users Like aviator's post:
  • Jono, Burnett, , SirCrow, Baskingner
(12-02-2014, 08:38 PM)General Rickets Wrote: Can you take a second and read what I said properly please?

You can repeat that over and over, but let me repeat myself over and over:
A Majority doesnt seem to bother about this "abuse".

I agree that it is kind of unrealistic but in the end this is just a video game. When i am playing on FL i want to have fun, and the 3rd person adds to that, and so does it for the majority of the players. So i disagree with removing it because "it can be abused" or "makes it more realistic".
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • Jan
Its actually the hard truth. Thirdperson for weps isnt a feature, its a bug. A bug for almost 5-6 (correct me if im wrong) years.
So we should focus on the current weps.

Lets face it. The current weapon system is bullcrap(!)(!). Unrealistic recoil (check the UMP), buggy effects (muzzle flash and smoke coming out of nowhere) and so on.

[Image: acpBY4d.png]
The following 2 users Like Burnett's post:
  • General Rickets, SirCrow
(12-02-2014, 08:44 PM)Baskingner Wrote:
(12-02-2014, 08:38 PM)General Rickets Wrote: Can you take a second and read what I said properly please?

You can repeat that over and over, but let me repeat myself over and over:
A Majority doesnt seem to bother about this "abuse".

I agree that it is kind of unrealistic but in the end this is just a video game. When i am playing on FL i want to have fun, and the 3rd person adds to that, and so does it for the majority of the players. So i disagree with removing it because "it can be abused" or "makes it more realistic".
Is past the "can be abused" and it's into the abused like fuck in almost every gunfight.

I don't use FP because the particle affect from the shot causes lag and blocks my vision.
The following 2 users Like Sgtbender2000's post:
  • , evilmat360
I am so confused. How can we abuse a 'bug' that EVERYONE can do? Everyone can do the 'bug' so why remove it? It should be easier to defend, thats how rule of thumb works. THe attacker shouldn't be able to clean sweep in one raid it should take multiple raids which makes the game more fun.

All I see is people that can't aim in third person and use first person are not able to use the 'bug' and due to this want it removed. Well no thats not really how it works. YOU are able to use third person which of course will have its pros over first person, but so will first person. With first person, you're able to get up close and rek someone while in third person you're unable to do this.

Also, this removing a good part of skill from the game. Knowing when to shoot in third person and when not it. Just because you can shoot in third person doesn't mean you just hold left click and they fly into the person head, you still have to aim like first person.
(12-02-2014, 08:38 PM)General Rickets Wrote:

Can you take a second and read what I said properly please?

No that is not abuse, it's how it works in every other game, please also do read what I said, if you remove it people will unequip their weapon to still look around corners.
It is a feature the majority loves, not a bug. Let me just give you some examples of other games in-case it wasn't clear.

GTA:

Max Payne 3:

Now I could continue giving you more examples, but I think you get my point.