Ban Appeal Question
So Im not understanding how these unban requests work.. I've checked out a few unban requests and noticed something very strange. I've noticed that the most honest and the ones with the most regret of doing such actions are usually the ones the get denied with the reason " Oh you just admitted to breaking the rules , Denied. " Do the admins not get the point of an unban appeal or what? Correct me if Im wrong but going from a few years of my admin experiences, I usually go for the ones that feel regret and LEARNED their mistake and are actually serious about it. But here, those are the ones that are turned down. Like wtf do you want us to do.. lie about breaking the rules..? No.. thats not the point of an unban request .. The point is, the person learned from his actions, and never repeats it again.. Unless things work differently here, Im not sure as Im still new.
Even though you were behaving like a ****** on the servers, I completely agree with you on this one. Down to the last letter.

There is something fishy about the unban requests here in the Fearless Community.

+Support.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The unban section is supposed to only cater to bans that were a misunderstanding or unjust, not for those who feel sorry for what they did although there are exceptons.
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
People change.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
You're missunderstanding the point of a unban request.

If i get a permenent ban i get it for a REASON. This reason how ever is most of the time valid. So when i tell the staff members that i regret that i hacked, propabused, CDMING, RDMING or what so ever i have no way of proving it. The thing is that most of the staff members has expeirenced this before. Not everybody regret their actions just because they're saying it. They just return to minging.

It really matters what happened and why it happend.

For instance. Firs time i ever joined this forum i broke one rule thirteen times in one day! The rule breakage wasnt nesesary something that could ruin anything for others but it's a rule that annoys the shit out of the staff members and cause confusion in the system. After several months Joykill postes a Unban request on my behalf and it got approved. The reason why it got approved was because of the "Last Chance rule" and because the rulebreakage still wasnt as bad as it might look.

Long story short. People just "abuse" the unban request section too much today for the staff members to actually believe it.
The following 1 user Likes Bowiii's post:
  • Voluptious
(11-26-2014, 08:57 AM)Bowie R. Wrote: You're missunderstanding the point of a unban request.

If i get a permenent ban i get it for a REASON. This reason how ever is most of the time valid. So when i tell the staff members that i regret that i hacked, propabused, CDMING, RDMING or what so ever i have no way of proving it. The thing is that most of the staff members has expeirenced this before. Not everybody regret their actions just because they're saying it. They just return to minging.

It really matters what happened and why it happend.

For instance. Firs time i ever joined this forum i broke one rule thirteen times in one day! The rule breakage wasnt nesesary something that could ruin anything for others but it's a rule that annoys the shit out of the staff members and cause confusion in the system. After several months Joykill postes a Unban request on my behalf and it got approved. The reason why it got approved was because of the "Last Chance rule" and because the rulebreakage still wasnt as bad as it might look.

Long story short. People just "abuse" the unban request section too much today for the staff members to actually believe it.
"Not everybody regret their actions just because they're saying it. They just return to minging."

That is why i feel like the UBR is like what i said, because people have "abused" the system and just returned to minging
I completely agree with Equalizer, the entire point of bans is to learn from your mistakes, take Equalizer or me for example, both of us have been permed and were lucky enough to get unbanned, you can't say we haven't learned from our mistakes either.
For instance.. I got a 20 day ban for flamming OOC. In all honesty , I didn't know that was against the rules, because a lot of servers seem to be cool with it. If I knew better, I wouldn't have done, Im not that kind of person.
(11-26-2014, 09:15 AM)revenant Wrote: For instance.. I got a 20 day ban for flamming OOC. In all honesty , I didn't know that was against the rules, because a lot of servers seem to be cool with it. If I knew better, I wouldn't have done, Im not that kind of person.

General Rickets said that you were insulting and flaming in OOC and you claim you are not that kind of person, the problem is that the staff have no way of making sure you wont just do the same again when you come back and that you are infact not that kind of person.

In your case they have simply no way of knowing who you are and what you will/wont do when you come back
Personally i agree with Equalizer. People who have been banned for 24 hours can wait out their ban if they are sorry but for longer bans i feel they should have the option to say sorry without instantly getting their UBR denied.

I get where you are coming from Bowie, but do the people who actually ARE sorry have to suffer from the "sorry" minges and trolls? I understand it will be a lot more work for the staff if they have to keep an eye on more people on a "last chance" but still, people change.