Apartment/house RP
Let me ask you: How many residential lots do you reckon there are on v33x?
Let me tell you: Approximately 19 apartments/houses, with God knows how many rooms.

Let's take a guess as to how many of these are used for RP, shall we?
The answer would probably be at a maximum of 5, unless some kind of RP was going on.

The rest? Well. Contrawhoring, Basing, Spamming watermelons, Sniping from the balcony and *let's buy an apartment for the sake of spending $250!*

It would be delightful if there was a way to encourage people to buy homes. The reason it's a discussion is there would be like, 49.3 ideas just radiating from your minds, diffusing into the atmosphere and into this thread.*

So, to skip the drivel and get to the point:

What ideas do you have for encouraging people to buy homes for the sake of RP?

I had an idea, that perhaps if you were to buy an apartment, it generates food on the stove, every 15 minutes or so. And if you don't get to it in time, *boom* the fireman has an actual use for the fire axe.
Or if you spawn a bed (perhaps, $500 in the market and can only be spawned in a house) if you do /sleep your health will slowly regenrate.

Those are my ideas, any more?
Go.

*I'm sorry, I had both chemistry and biology today.

This is sadly not in for the rules but I would wish it was.

To have one "Hotel/Apartment" manager/owner that'll require a payment each hour or what so ever. This could be nice for him but I still believe that the players the self would rather buy one for them self.

Still thinking..
Hmm, the idea about the stove is cool. Maybe you have to turn on the stove and wait some time for it to cook up the chinese, and only then would it cause a fire (Otherwise, you leave your apartment and when you come back there's a fire and you didn't even want it to generate food)

A proper furniture customiser would be nice too, like in GMod Tower. You buy something from the store (F1 menu maybe) and it places it in your house - no building in apartments unless you buy the furniture for it? (Eg. BP Garage, can't build)?

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
The following 1 user Likes ArcHammer's post:
  • Safira
I love the idea of customizable buildings, and really like the idea of the fire thing, at the moment a firemans axe is one of the most useless tools on the server, the chances of actually needing it without a massive burning building RP is next to none, sadly it mostly only gets used to minge these days.
[Image: B1ry4Eh.png]
Have I helped? Well you could always Rep meh!