Server joining issues.
Every time I join the server it gets stuck on workshop completed then eventually times me out. Then I try again. Get to sending client info and it times me out. The third time I join I get into the server and it says auto disconnect. This happens every day I join the server. Takes me between 4/5 attempts to join. Any one any idea why ? ;(
[Image: giphy.gif]
Hai,
       I've had this problem a couple of times but not as often as you have. It is a problem with your garry's mod and internet as it is trying to join the server but you seem to be having trouble on the way. I personally have no idea what to do about it and sorry about this not helping as much as hoped but I believe it is something to do with the game thinking about the workshop.
Hello,
Your problem might be a corrupted file in the client-side server content. I would try deleting all Fearless addons and re-install them, check your installation folder for any files that haven't been deleted in the process.
Or, you have the same problem as the guy in the similar thread. In that case you should first create a single player game before joining the server.
I am no expert, but as someone with over 3500 hours on GMod I know some tricks.

I hope any of these worked for you. If not, a good ole' re-install might work (delete everything except for your dupes and screenshots).

-Victorinox
The problem can't be from any of the files. I have the exact same ones on another laptop I've used to play and it works fine. Just unused an external HDD to put them on. Also the internet isn't the problem got the fastest fibre optic in the UK. I'll try the sandbox solution tonight.
(11-10-2014, 09:40 PM)mart.y.n Wrote: The problem can't be from any of the files. I have the exact same ones on another laptop I've used to play and it works fine. Just unused an external HDD to put them on. Also the internet isn't the problem got the fastest fibre optic in the UK. I'll try the sandbox solution tonight.

If I were you I would still try re-installing the Fearless content, a file might be corrupted or missing.
I had this before too. But fixed it with disabling all addons, and reinstalling my gmod. I can connect without retrying 3 times now. It might help.
Update, tried the sandbox and the FL content, problem persists.

I'll try that. Thanks man.
I've had it yesterday on my laptop, but today it worked again. Strange bug, but seems like a connection problem.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Mavis. Thanks for the advice. It helped a bit yesterday. Joined the second time. Deleted everything. Also helped with the lag I was getting in game as well. Not just FL GMOD lag in general. However today back to normal. But it's not taking like 7 attempts anymore which is great. I still have the persisting issue of the workshop timing me out. But I think that might just be my end. Will try unsubscribing from a few things.
Bumping this back up. Went on today after completely deleting all Garry's mod files and re downloading them all again. Still unsure as to where the problem is persisting. I am unsure if it is something that's being downloaded from the server as everytime I re install GMOD content then join server for the first time it happens. I am now on about my 7th attempt. Also disk checking starts when booting up the computer, which it doesn't do when there is no content installed.