Cheap Gaming PC
I was looking around on the internet because I thought I'd buy a second gaming PC (My current one needs a huuuuuge clean up job)

I found this which looked pretty interesting.

I just wondered what other people's opinions were on the machine and if they thought I should buy it
You found what?
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
(11-09-2014, 07:17 PM)Equalizer Wrote: You found what?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KILLER-GAMING-...1233013931
He found that, if you clicked on "This" it would show up.
[Image: 1m20Scp.png?1]
Signature credits goes to Tandy
Seems like a decent PC, might save the link myself.
Oh, that this isn't highlighted on my screen.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
That doesn't look to bad for the price to be honest.

I'm thinking of getting a new rig, but for Flight Simulator X only and will be quite a bit more expensive than that!
Regards,
aviator
Well first of all, what's your budget and would you build one?
The AMD Piledriver FX6300 merely overclocks to 4.1, so, unlike the advertisement says, it goes up to 3.5ghz instead. AMD processors are always inferior to Intel's in my experience and those whom I've worked with. As to the graphics card (AMD as well), you might as well get a laptop with integrated graphics into the processor (Intel 4000 integrated will give you nearly the same performance). Here's a quote from ExpertReviews:

"Fine if you want to play older or slower-paced games, but not a huge step up from the best integrated graphics chips"

I'm surprised you're getting a 1TB Barracuda at 7200RPM for the price, so that's a decent deal (wouldn't say "good" for being a month and a half away from 2015), but that seems to be the only neat chunk that jumps out at me. It has a lot of slots to allow hardware upgrades, but you only get a 500 Watt "quiet" power supply (that's literally all the info we get on that, no brands or anything - dodgy if you ask me). On first glance, it looks like you're getting a passable package for your price. To be honest with you, I'd feel like the seller's trying to fuck me over and that doesn't get me very lenient to closing a deal. For example:

- Like I said, the power supply not being really engineered for future upgrades of any kind;
- May be less of an issue but it says "dual monitor support" without mentioning the connections. For the record: that's one HDMI and one DVI port (converter heads are never included);
- It appears the (frankly dated) motherboard provides only 2 RAM slots, both are taken from the start (2X4GB);
- The CPU slot is, of course, AMD's AM3+, so if you were thinking of getting a decent CPU (most expensive component 90% of the time) anywhere at all in the future, you'll have to get the second most expensive component too, and fit everything in that.

The best way to go that I could suggest to you would be to build your own PC. I know that sounds scary but it's really like Legos nowadays, only with cables. Try www.komplett.com or www.newegg.com, or even first-hand components from Amazon, if you can find a better deal there. It will ALWAYS be cheaper for you and in the vast, VAST majority of cases, the components will last longer, too. If you're not much of a tech nerd, don't hesitate to ask for more help here; I'll subscribe to the thread and others will see too.

Good luck!
I would buy it, and resell the parts for profit, but I'm too lazy. That's a damn fine deal, to be honest. But please... Save your money and get something that you will be happy with for a few years. When I built my rig 2.5 years ago for $1,500 I was happy, and still am to this day. And honestly, I am only looking to CF my AMD 7950 at this point, perhaps buy new fans.
The following 1 user Likes yarrrs's post:
  • GRiiM