I believe that the Admin abuse forum is a bit...wierd
The staff (it is admin and mod after all) abuse section is supposed to be about staff abusing their tools given to them because they got promoted to staff, that is what the forum say it is about

In the "Rules for admin abuse" it claims the following: 

The following points are abuse
  • Using admin powers to RDM, i.e. godmoding and firing RPGs at people.

• Using noclip or teleport to help some friends in a raid.

• Demotes someone solely in order to claim the job.

• Using noclip or teleport to avoid RP situations (unless admin situation).

• Bypassing arrest mechanism (unless admin situation).

• Unfairly refunding himself free items for no reason.

• Abuse of admin powers against people, i.e. random !slay, !ignite

• Using godmode/heal during a raid solely to give himself a fighting advantages

• Teleporting his friends into an active raid in order to help out

• Using admin tools and constructs for an unfair agressive advantage unless previously agreed upon by all parties involved for an RP situation.

• Breaking rules himself solely because he is an admin

• Messing around, for example killing other admins or using punishment commands for the fun of it, etc.

The posts i see on this forum (that got the accused staff member punished/talked to) wasnt about abusing their power and tools, it was about them breaking/pushing the normal rules from the F1 menu, why is this in admin abuse and not Ban request?
Because staff can't get banned.
(10-23-2014, 08:06 AM)Voluptious Wrote: [*]Breaking rules himself solely because he is an admin
[*]

I've always interpreted this as being why. wouldn't make sense if those who enforce the rules broke the themselves?
A more fitting signature. 
(10-23-2014, 08:17 AM)Jono Wrote:
(10-23-2014, 08:06 AM)Voluptious Wrote: [*]Breaking rules himself solely because he is an admin
[*]

I've always interpreted this as being why. wouldn't make sense if those who enforce the rules broke the themselves?

But in links case he didnt break the rules soley because he was an admin, he did it because of something else
I just think it doesnt make sense that essentialy non admin abuse topcs go on admin abuse
You can't ban a staff member, so you post an abuse thread on him, as he's "abusing" the fact he can't be banned by breaking the rules.

Also, the usual reminder for everyone out there:

Not following Courthouse rules for posting abuse threads may and will lead to forum suspensions.
The following 1 user Likes DoomDude1's post:
  • Voluptious
(10-23-2014, 09:26 AM)DoomDude1 Wrote: You can't ban a staff member, so you post an abuse thread on him, as he's "abusing" the fact he can't be banned by breaking the rules.

Also, the usual reminder for everyone out there:

Not following Courthouse rules for posting abuse threads may and will lead to forum suspensions.

That makes sense, thanks for clearing it up
Someone who enforces the rules is also expected to follow them their-selves. And if you are unable to follow the rules you enforce yourself. How are you then supposed to follow any other instructions someone gives you? 
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.