[FL:M] Link66
Name:[FL:M] Link66

Time/Date: 6pm GMT

Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:40269361

Name of Administrator: [FL:M] Link66

Evidence:

I was on the server and saw that the modarator [FL:M] Link66 was swearing ooc which is against Rule 9 of OOC rules, swearing. I would probably expect to see this from a normal [FL:RP] Person but to here it from a modarator, this is setting a bad example to people who are new to FearlessRP and when i confronted him about this he said 'whatevs'

Evidence: http://imgur.com/wuMqi4U
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:62443156&b=9]
Well, he wasn't insulting anyone, just having a laugh.

And anyway, you swear in ooc, you have 10% chance of getting a blacklist.
[Image: IgcIQgP.png]
I honestly do not see an issue with swearing in the OOC. As long as you do not insult anyone. The word "dick" is not a swear word in my eyes.

I already spoke to Link about this and he felt you saying that was more of a joke than you telling him that swearing is against the rules.
Involved, was there.

Link was NOT insulting anyone, not even the president.
We were joking around in OOC.

As I said I was on the server at the time and saw the situation
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
Swearing in OOC is alright if it is not directed towards anyone. I admit, I was wrong to assume you were joking... however I have never seen anyone offended by me using the word 'd*ck', let alone that it was a pathetic attempted at a joke. Someone misspelled dictator as 'dicktator'* and I saw it necessary to attempt to make people giggle. Even though I am not a stand up comedian, and indeed made no one laugh but receive lots of cheesy and cringeworthy replies in ooc, I did not mean to offend anyone.

As for me saying 'whatevs' at the end ; I thought your comment was a joke. Excuse me for saying, but I knew that swearing in OOC (directed at someone) was against the rules... and I thought, like me, you were attempting to be funny, so I decided to respond with a sarcastic answer. If you would've contacted me through the @ command however, I would've taken things more seriously, as it would have been a clear indication that you were actually being serious and not taking the mick. However, you decided to broadcast it over OOC, sharing your comment with the whole server, which to me, showed that you weren't being serious.

I personally apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you and how (if) you felt offended after, but you must understand this was not my intention.

*You have failed to provide a photo of this. It was the first message that was not shown in the chat log.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

(09-03-2014, 07:06 PM)Link66 Wrote: Swearing in OOC is alright if it is not directed towards anyone. I admit, I was wrong to assume you were joking... however I have never seen anyone offended by me using the word 'd*ck', let alone that it was a pathetic attempted at a joke. Someone misspelled dictator as 'dicktator'* and I saw it necessary to attempt to make people giggle. Even though I am not a stand up comedian, and indeed made no one laugh but receive lots of cheesy and cringeworthy replies in ooc, I did not mean to offend anyone.

As for me saying 'whatevs' at the end ; I thought your comment was a joke. Excuse me for saying, but I knew that swearing in OOC (directed at someone) was against the rules... and I thought, like me, you were attempting to be funny, so I decided to respond with a sarcastic answer. If you would've contacted me through the @ command however, I would've taken things more seriously, as it would have been a clear indication that you were actually being serious and not taking the mick. However, you decided to broadcast it over OOC, sharing your comment with the whole server, which to me, showed that you weren't being serious.

I personally apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you and how (if) you felt offended after, but you must understand this was not my intention.

*You have failed to provide a photo of this. It was the first message that was not shown in the chat log.

Swearing OOC is against rules though and you should know better then this, what other people are saying to me (who are not involved and are commenting on the thread) are saying that you are allowed to swear OOC if it is not aimed at anyone, well this is news to me.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:62443156&b=9]
We are perfectly allowed to post in this thread.
[Image: IgcIQgP.png]
(09-03-2014, 07:54 PM)[FL:RP] iiXxCoYz Wrote: Swearing OOC is against rules though and you should know better then this, what other people are saying to me (who are not involved and are commenting on the thread) are saying that you are allowed to swear OOC if it is not aimed at anyone, well this is news to me.

It's good to see that you have accepted my apology, and indeed read mine and others replies in detail... not skimming through the important details.
You haven't even scrutinised your own evidence, as in your photo you can clearly see Barkles and Ivan in the chat, therefore making them involved.

Now, I have already explained why I did it, and that I haven't broke any rules... please do not escalate this into something bigger.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

Swearing in OOC means two things. One is over doing it, raging and dropping a lot of bombs everywhere and over the top swearing in general. Or insulting other players on the server. D*ck is not a swear word in my eyes.

I am going to be closing this now. Moderator in question has been spoken to about the subject mainly about the "whatevs" portion and has been handled with an apology.

Closed.