Unban request on KaiMeiuqer
Your name: Kai Meiuqer

Your ban ID: 52363

Banned by:[FL:M] Link66

[b]Reason:
Killing a hostage for no good reason

Involved: Me, Eulabius, [FL:RP] TyqaVenom , Link

Why we should unban you: Well, Eulabius and I were hired by the president for security and link and some others raided. They had a hostage and before realising this,i had already shot them a few times with my AUG. Eventually, they got within range for me to hear their microphones and i heard them shouting about a hostage. I thought that the president's life was more important than a single civilian hostage's life, so i continued shooting. I did not aim for him intentionally though,as they had through a molotov and it was very hard to see through the fire with my aug scope. I retreated to eulabius at my second line of defenses where I threw a molotov to delay them and we both had stopped shooting temporarily. They then were shot at us, so we returned fire, and then i heard someone die. Link then flew to us and told us we killed a hostage and banned us after i told him i found the president's life to be more valuable. I feel that i had a proper rp reason to ignore the fact that they had a hostage, and I had no intent to shoot the hostage intentionally. Link then banned both of us without giving us that much of a chance to explain.
There is nothing to explain.

I was shouting "I have a hostage, DON'T SHOOT". I was only a few meters away from you... on the other hand, why would you shoot an unarmed man? He had no guns.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

Like i said, i was not targetting the hostage, i was trying to shoot the armed men in gasmasks, but it was very hard to see through the molotov fire and i might have accidentally shot him. Me and eulabius did cease fire when i retreated to the second line of defence where i threw my own molotov to prevent you from rushing in and killing us, but then we were shot at, thus we returned fire, accidentally killing someone, who apparently was the hostage. At this point, since i had thrown the molotov, we had the same situation of not being able to see through the fire clearly, and could not identify who was the hostage and who was not.
The ban has expired, but if the unban request is to be approved, I would like the record to be removed.
The hostage was way past the Molotov fire. I would understand if you killed him within milliseconds of him showing himself, but you waited until he was half way up the tunnel to fire. As for the gun fire, I don't believe there was any. So why were you so delayed to shoot?
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

(08-17-2014, 11:55 AM)Link66 Wrote: The hostage was way past the Molotov fire. I would understand if you killed him within milliseconds of him showing himself, but you waited until he was half way up the tunnel to fire. As for the gun fire, I don't believe there was any. So why were you so delayed to shoot?

Uhh I'm not sure if you are talking about him showing himself infront of the first lince of defenses or the second, but we were indeed being shot at. I retreated to the second line of defenses due to being shot to about 40+ health. As i reached the second barricade, I threw another molotov at the hallway, then saw bullets richocheting off the defenses me and eulabius were taking cover behind. We both stood up and started shooting down the hallway. Eulabius never knew that there was a hostage, and I was just returning fire in response to being shot at. I was using an AUG at the time and aimed down the scope and just shot through the fire. It was extremely hard to identify anyone through the fire this way, so when i was shooting, i thought i was shooting at the armed raider who had shot at us and i never realised where the hostage was until you flew to us and told us we killed him.
We were way past the fire when you shot. However, I can understand what you are trying to tell me.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

There were two fires?
I would like to add that KaiMeiuqer did throw a molotov very close to the barricade I was behind of(the place where you banned us) after he retreated from the front. The fire he was referring too wasn't from molotov one the raiders threw, rather, the one he threw to keep the raiders back.
I just heard from General Rickets that as citizens with custom jobs(Umbrella corp. - Sergeant), We do not have to value the lives of hostages.