Two problems
Exclamation 
One: Pressing the button that opens console causes gmod to crash and I don't know why. It used to work before? But because I'm so used to checking console every 10 mins I accidently click it and I crash.

Two: The other problem is when I am not playing gmod, but have it open on my toolbar, when I try to play it, it takes like a minute for it to load. It starts with a grey screen, then shows what I'm looking at as if I were playing but unable to move, and THEN I'm able to move...

Please help!!!
1. Its a known issue with a few fixes (search around the help section).

2. Possibly your PC. Your Ram and processor may not be able to handle the render. Try turning down your graphical settings. It may help.
My Gmod does that too, and I have 16gb ddr3 ram. Just delete your addons and it'll speed the loading time.
The following 1 user Likes yarrrs's post:
  • Chumps
This happened to me a little while back, I verified my cache and that temporarily fixed it. However, I later reinstalled GMOD which solved it. Until you fix this, I would advise to change the console control key. (This is for the crashing issue)
The following 1 user Likes Nexus's post:
  • theRydolph
(08-11-2014, 12:52 PM)Nexus Wrote: This happened to me a little while back, I verified my cache and that temporarily fixed it. However, I later reinstalled GMOD which solved it. Until you fix this, I would advise to change the console control key. (This is for the crashing issue)

I changed it, still crashed.
The key change is merely so you don't press it out of habit, you need to change it each time. Try reinstalling the game.
As Nexus said, 1: Verify cache, this will fix it, but not permanently, reinstall the game.
Pm me if you need help with doing so.