Unban Request - VG-C | Ice Cold
Your name: VG-C | Ice Cold

Your ban ID: 51774

Banned by: [FL:M] Link66

Reason: "DC'ing and Reconnecting to get car back."

Involved: Myself, Link66, Gina, BluePale or something.

Why we should unban you: The reason why I should be unbanned is because the reason I was banned is incorrect. The reason I disconnected and came back was because Link66 had been speaking to me about something related to RDM & they teleported me back to my previous location and I couldn't move out of my position. I posted in OOC chat that I'm stuck due to the teleport and waited 5 minutes for them to respond to my request however they did not respond nor was any action taken in moving me out of the stuck zone. I reconnected to get out of being stuck in the ground and got immediately banned from the server. This admin should get their facts right before making immediate actions against members of the server. I'm unhappy about this!
v33x [16:08:00] VG-C | Ice Cold (STEAM_0:1:6120409) said: // I'm stuck.

This is not a request. If you are in need for an administrator, please use the @ symbol. It is not my job respond to cries of help via OOC. On the other hand, @ calls are in a different colour to OOC chat, hence the reason why I didn't acknowledge it - I didn't see it. I am not expected to closely scrutinise every single thing that someone puts in OOC.

To me, at the time, it looked like you reconnected to get your car back as you were consistently shouting at me that "someone randomly stole my car". I teleported away from you and the first thing I see is this :

VG-C | Ice Cold has disconnected
VG-C | Ice Cold has connected

Someone stole your car for a valid reason.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

My car was not stolen for a valid reason, how can you justify a car being stolen in the first place? I already explained and you viewed the logs and confirmed it. I went to the guys house @ Industrial, Asked if I could join them in their fortress and they opened the doors, I drove in, they asked me to leave and I did. I parked outside the house and they fired at me & killed me. Then they stole my car, I stuck to the town for a while whilst I was discussing buying a new car with fantosch or something. We drove to Industrial, bluepale (or whatever their name was) started shooting at us and fantosch drove away. I pulled out my AK-47, Gina came up to me and said they were "Bluepales wife" and that "I can have my car back for 2,000 dollars" and so I shot them because I had already been shot at by them. You checked the logs, I didn't shoot anybody before this point. Then because all 3 of them are friends, they altered the story into their favour saying "He shot at us first" when I can't fire anything when I'm sat inside my car.

All I want is to get back onto the server and enjoy the rest of my day off especially as I've only just got donator and I am enjoying the server, the benefits, the staff and the players of the server(well most of them anyway).

As I said, I relogged onto the server because I got stuck in the ground. If I was going to re-log to get my car back, I would have done it the instance they took it. However, this isn't the case. Please review my request and post an answer asap.
Well this is an extremely messy case, isn't it? Just scratch everything else about buying cars, people shooting at you etc - we should focus just on your ban. Why didn't you use @? I would then have responded.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

(08-03-2014, 08:26 PM)Link66 Wrote: Why didn't you use @?
(08-03-2014, 08:42 PM)Burnett Wrote:
(08-03-2014, 08:26 PM)Link66 Wrote: Why didn't you use @?

In my defence, I'm fairly new to GMODRP. I've only played about 2 hours maximum on DarkRP servers and in that time I achieved nothing. I've spent roughly 8 on CityRP and that's on your server - I assumed that with everybody else using // (ooc chat) that my request would have gone there and not to an admin chat because that would only be for "important" things to be sent.

Honestly, I had no intention of disconnecting to retrieve my car, like I said, I would have disconnected earlier when I found out my car had been stolen and I debated it too. Only reason I didn't is because I wish to follow all the rules of the server because I wish to get along with the staff & the public of the server. I enjoy this server very much - Hence the donation (at only 8 hours). If I was gonna be a prick on the server, I would have been banned hours before & I wouldn't have donated.

Please review my request. Even though it's only about 14-16 hours now, I still wish to play it this evening.
Seeing as you are new, you still have to learn. I am willing to approve this.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

(08-03-2014, 09:56 PM)Link66 Wrote: Seeing as you are new, you still have to learn. I am willing to approve this.

Wow really? Thank you very much my friend, you've definitely made my evening a heck of a lot better. Thank you.
Approved.