Unban request: XxTomzzxX
Steam Name: XxTomzzxX
Ban ID: 51644
Banned by: Link66
Reason: Blatant Disregard of fearRP
Involved: Abergil Mafia
Explanation:
I know it looks bad from your point of view but please hear my side of the story, We had been kicked out of the Sky Cafe and I was on my way out when my friend messaged me on facebook about plans for tommorow. So I tabbed out to check the message and when I tabbed back in my Gmod was stuck on the screen before I tabbed out (due to my shitty computer), so I tried to tell you guys that it was glitched as I could hear you telling me to move and that I was breaking fearRP, then I got the ban message.
I understand that you saw my character moving around on your screen as I was stuck in position on my screen and I was trying to move out of the cafe. I've been on the server along time and I would never be stupid enough to break fearRP( I even take cover when the gun isn't even pointing at me xD).
I really hope you can see this from my point of view as I want to attend the clan war tomorrow and this could jeopardize my chance to take part in the excellent rp opportunity.
Thank you for taking the time to read this long ass ban appeal :p
-XxTomzzxX
You were blatantly looking around at the guns pointed at you. After about half a minute of telling you to get out, you did nothing. You should never check facebook especially when you are in a RP situation like this, why couldn't you just wait until afterwards? Regardless of your computer speed, you could've typed out "Wait, I'm getting lag, wait a second".
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

The Gmod tab had a black screen for about 15 or so seconds, I got back in the game my character was stuck in the wall next to the entrance, I believe the waiter was stood in front of me and the Owner on the elevator. None of whom were moving so I knew that the screen was frozen, I could still hear what was going on in real time as I could hear someone say and I quote "Man, you're getting banned for fearRP", at that point I started spamming the chat saying that and I quote "MY GMOD IS GLITCHED" . Before I could say anything else I was banned.
As I said in the appeal that I was stuck in the wall and I was trying to move around thats why I was moving on your screen
(I thought the tab in tab out would take a second, I know that was reckless of me and it was a huge mistake. For that I apologize.)
Also anybody who was in the situation can vouch that someone did say "Man your getting banned for fearRP"
v2d [22:48:06] XxTomzzxX (STEAM_0:0:74327057) said: Sorry My GMod froze
v2d [22:48:33] XxTomzzxX (STEAM_0:0:74327057) said: I'm stuck
v2d [22:48:50] XxTomzzxX (STEAM_0:0:74327057) said: I'm stuck

Those were the last messages posted by you. Let me break this down.

1. The first one completely contradicts everything you said in your first post, you were obviously tabbed in. This shows that you had full ability to respond.

2. Secondly, you were moving around and there was nothing to get stuck on there, I even checked after. There was a big gap there, enough for someone not to get stuck. You were hogging the wall and occasionally looking back at the guns, running back at some points.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

(07-31-2014, 10:07 PM)Link66 Wrote: v2d [22:48:06] XxTomzzxX (STEAM_0:0:74327057) said: Sorry My GMod froze
v2d [22:48:33] XxTomzzxX (STEAM_0:0:74327057) said: I'm stuck
v2d [22:48:50] XxTomzzxX (STEAM_0:0:74327057) said: I'm stuck

Those were the last messages posted by you. Let me break this down.

1. The first one completely contradicts everything you said in your first post, you were obviously tabbed in. This shows that you had full ability to respond.

2. Secondly, you were moving around and there was nothing to get stuck on there, I even checked after. There was a big gap there, enough for someone not to get stuck. You were hogging the wall and occasionally looking back at the guns, running back at some points.

The first message I sent was when I first got on literally straight away, when I didn't actually realize that the screen was froze as I could still look around and see people in the cafe. Yes I am contradicting myself here but I only noticed after you pointed out that I couldn't have been stuck on anything, I was next to the far wall nearest the elevator but as my screen was froze I obviously wasn't able to see my characters movements or what is important here anyone else's movements. I really wouldn't lie to you as you seem one of the most helpful moderators who actually responds to people instead of one word answers.
Also I could hear you guys telling me I was going to get banned for fearRP, being a semi-experienced player with 100+ hours I wouldn't have been stupid enough to break fearRP if I had anything to about it also with adequate warning . The people in my clan can vouch for me that I was on my way out of the cafe before I tabbed out. When I said "I'm Stuck" I was referring to not just my player being stuck but my screen being stuck also.
I know it seems to you that I obviously broke fearRP as that is what you saw admittedly but If you take my points into consideration and then look at it from my point of view you will see that I couldn't have done anything to prevent my character from breaking fearRP.

-XxTomzzxX
In no way shape or form am I responsible for your slow computer. How was I meant to know that? From my screen, you were blatantly breaking fearRP - so I made my judgement, and this was the result.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

(08-01-2014, 06:15 PM)Link66 Wrote: In no way shape or form am I responsible for your slow computer. How was I meant to know that? From my screen, you were blatantly breaking fearRP - so I made my judgement, and this was the result.

That is why I posted the appeal so that you could see it from my point of view so you could maybe reconsider your decision
Okay. I have come to the decision that you are telling the truth - next time try not to get into this situation, as It sounds like there is nothing you could do about it. Although you were moving around, I suspect that your screen froze but your keyboard was still transmitting commands to the server.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

Approved
Kind Regards,
Floodify