Chance Fields Unban Request
Your name: Chance Fields

Your ban ID: 50848

Banned by: [FL] ZedsDead

Reason: Insufficient reason to kill, 12th ban. Learn the rules. Last chance issued.

Involved: Me, whomever I killed.

Why we should unban you: I think 30 days is a bit much for "killing for insufficient reason." And although it may be my 12th ban, most (at least 9 of them..) are bans from over a year ago or a long while ago, before I actually RP'd. I killed the paramedic because he was constantly harassing me after multiple warnings for him to stop, threatening to punch me, and other offenses. The man who I had killed was one of the minges on the server who kept CDMing like hell everywhere, and I told him multiple times to stop harassing me and to leave and stop bodyblocking. Eventually, the man had blocked my way towards my car, and wouldn't leave me alone, so I shot him. Was it a bit excessive? Maybe. Was it necessary? Debatable. But should I have been banned for 30 days? Hell no. I gave him multiple warnings to stop and he wouldn't. The president wouldn't listen when we asked him to demote one of the government employees (you can check the laws to when I asked for Samie to be demoted and he didn't listen), so my only option was to kill him. I think it's bullshit that I'm banned for 30 days and treated like a piece of shit when I haven't done anything to harm anyone's role-playing experience in a very long time.

And it's not like I could have contacted an admin, because he, apparently, was undercover.
You're lucky you only got 30 days for your 12th ban. People usually receive a 6 month ban on their last chance.
While on the server, I saw the medic following you, but only for a short amount of time.
I then heard you load up a gun, and I saw you gun down the medic.
After discussing with Fultz, we both agreed that harassing and following you is not a sufficient reason to kill him,
so I issued a ban.

And as you said. It's not like you could have contacted an admin, cause I was undercover. So that means if no admins
are online, you simply shoot the rulebreakers instead of gathering evidence for a BR?
I still don't think it's fair to see me as a hardcore rulebreaker when I broke all those rules over a year ago...and took the ban time.

(07-14-2014, 03:29 PM)ZedsDead Wrote: While on the server, I saw the medic following you, but only for a short amount of time.
I then heard you load up a gun, and I saw you gun down the medic.
After discussing with Fultz, we both agreed that harassing and following you is not a sufficient reason to kill him,
so I issued a ban.

And as you said. It's not like you could have contacted an admin, cause I was undercover. So that means if no admins
are online, you simply shoot the rulebreakers instead of gathering evidence for a BR?

And I had no choice but the shoot the man. He was following me around and harassing me and he was interrupting my gameplay. I pulled out a gun and told him to move and he didn't. That's breaking FearRP for one, and I'm positive that it's not against the rules to kill someone who doesn't follow your orders when you have a gun to their face? Anyways, I couldn't contact the president or the admins, so I had no choice. I could have STOPPED playing for that time period and posted a BR, but I didn't feel the need or had the time. Why should I have to quit playing a game when I'm having fun? Just because some idiot decides to screw with my gameplay? I think the shooting should be justified. If you could simply check the logs for me, you can see that he was being a minge and trolling the whole server and CDMing. It's not like he was an innocent person and I was trying to be a hardcore rulebreaker..I think it was pretty justified. And yeah, I guess I'm happy that it was only 30 days, but still..this should only be like my 4th ban? The other bans I wouldn't really even count for me anymore since they were so long ago (literally over a year and a half). You can see that I try to respect all players and the rules now. I'm not a minge anymore, honest to God.
(07-14-2014, 09:28 PM)Chance Fields Wrote: And I had no choice but the shoot the man. He was following me around and harassing me and he was interrupting my gameplay. I pulled out a gun and told him to move and he didn't. That's breaking FearRP for one, and I'm positive that it's not against the rules to kill someone who doesn't follow your orders when you have a gun to their face?

You equipped a weapon and instantly killed him.

Fearless Logs Wrote:v2d [02:47:44] Chance Fields (STEAM_0:0:59585846) has used 1 ammo_pistol
v2d [02:47:49] Chance Fields (STEAM_0:0:59585846) said: /me takes out a USP .45 from their backup.
v2d [02:47:55] Chance Fields (STEAM_0:0:59585846) Killed: [FL:RP] Red Orchestra (STEAM_0:1:53794936) using weapon_mad_usp

As the logs show, from you equipped the weapon to you killed him, you had 6 seconds to order him, reload the weapon and shoot him enough times to kill him.

And even if he was being a minge and such earlier, killing him for breaking rules is backseat administrating.

And all bans you have is taken into consideration when banning. You already had
11 bans, with about 130 hours on the server. Therefor I issued a month long ban and a final chance.
This means, the next ban you get, for whatever reason, will be a permanent ban. So I suggest you use your time to re-read the rules over and over
again, and the Rules Q&A 2.0 you can find on the forum, and make sure you DO NOT break any more rules.
I agree with Doom here. Your punishment is mild compared to what I would give you.
From what Zed has brought up here from the logs, I fail to see why your ban should be removed or reduced.

If you got anything else to add to this case before one of us decide, then please add it now.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
I gave him DIRECT orders. It doesn't matter if I had 6 seconds, or if I have 27. I gave him orders and he failed to comply. If you were actually paying attention to what had happened, you would have seen me tell him to move, and you would have seen him reply by going "No! No! Stop! No! No! nananan!!" and so I shot him. And I know the rules plenty. I didn't kill him because he was being a minge, I killed him for not following my direct orders and harassing me ingame. Is that not allowed anymore? Is fearRP not a thing? I know the rules well enough so that I have gotten banned very few times in the past YEAR. THE WHOLE YEAR. I've only been banned 4 times. And they were VERY MINISCULE BANS. The other 8 or 9 bans were ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO. That doesn't make me a minge and it shouldn't mean that I'll get a perm ban if I get banned one more time. That's not fair, especially if I have followed the rules since my 2 year ban. You can check any logs that you want, but I gave him direct orders to stop and move and he didn't. Six seconds is way longer than it looks in some logs. That's enough time for me to say "Last warning: move or be shot down. Stop harassing." and him to say "No! No! balhblahablah." Try it out yourself. Get a stopwatch for all I care, but it doesn't take 2 minutes for me to tell someone to follow my orders. I have been an awesome roleplayer for the past few months, I don't understand why you guys fail to understand that I'm not a minge. That was 2 years ago, get over it. Those bans mean absolutely nothing anymore. I've played 80+ hours since I was banned 2 years ago.

Nonetheless, despite how much time it took, it doesn't matter. He broke FearRP and didn't listen to my direct orders so I shot him down. He was harassing me and threatening me. It would be FailRP or backseat admining if I was a government employee, maybe, but I was a citizen working by myself. I see no reason why I shouldn't have shot him, as I had no one to contact anymore. I'm not going to quit playing Fearless when someone is harassing me ingame and being a minge, and I have the right to shoot him. It wasn't FailRP. It wasn't backseat admin. I had the right to shoot him. I contacted anyone I could before I took that last resort, you can check the logs. I don't deserve this ban.

Also, I "break" the rules once in a whole year and you tell me to go read the rules over and over like I've never done so? What about when YOU guys break the rules? That's not fair to judge like that and it's not very mature, and it hurts your players.
(07-15-2014, 09:16 PM)Chance Fields Wrote: Also, I "break" the rules once in a whole year and you tell me to go read the rules over and over like I've never done so? What about when YOU guys break the rules? That's not fair to judge like that and it's not very mature, and it hurts your players.

Allow me to judge you then, since I have never been banned or blacklisted in my time here, which is almost two years now.
(07-21-2014, 09:20 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote:
(07-15-2014, 09:16 PM)Chance Fields Wrote: Also, I "break" the rules once in a whole year and you tell me to go read the rules over and over like I've never done so? What about when YOU guys break the rules? That's not fair to judge like that and it's not very mature, and it hurts your players.

Allow me to judge you then, since I have never been banned or blacklisted in my time here, which is almost two years now.

Some people are different. Nothing gives you the right to judge and bend rules or ANYTHING in your favor because of what YOU think. Not being banned or blacklisted doesn't mean you have never broken the rules. Can we get back on the actual UBR topic, please? I'd like for my ban request NOT to be ignored until the last day, which is exactly what's happening. I doubt I'll get a reply tomorrow and the next day until 6 days from now again. If I do, great.

(07-22-2014, 04:29 AM)Chance Fields Wrote:
(07-21-2014, 09:20 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote:

It took you almost a whole week to come up with that response lol? I'm being ignored..

Some people are different. Nothing gives you the right to judge and bend rules or ANYTHING in your favor because of what YOU think. Not being banned or blacklisted doesn't mean you have never broken the rules. Can we get back on the actual UBR topic, please? I'd like for my ban request NOT to be ignored until the last day, which is exactly what's happening. I doubt I'll get a reply tomorrow and the next day until 6 days from now again. If I do, great.
Denied.

The rules are not bent in our favor. You gave him less than 6 seconds to react to the weapon and killed him for harassing you.