ARMA III and DayZ SA
Hi. Just wondering about your opinions on these two games, if you've played them. No 'lel runing sim' please.
Considering buying ARMA III and I'm enjoying DayZ Standalone so far. Even though I've seen no one.
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
DayZ I played a bit after it came out. While yes (so much walking) it was entertaining, there was no ultimate goal. Played for several hours on the normal servers, got full military gear, played for several hours on hardcore, got full military gear. Then you realize anything you do can result in the loss of your gear and you already have the best of everything and you just never log in again.
(07-13-2014, 06:46 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote: DayZ I played a bit after it came out. While yes (so much walking) it was entertaining, there was no ultimate goal. Played for several hours on the normal servers, got full military gear, played for several hours on hardcore, got full military gear. Then you realize anything you do can result in the loss of your gear and you already have the best of everything and you just never log in again.
I don't think the game would be enjoyable without playing with friends. It is damn boring running around by yourself for 6 hours.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • James_Gaff
DayZ standalone is boring..Atleast compared to the other DayZ mods..I suggest buying Arma 2 operation arrowhead instead...To me, it's the best arma game. (It's also a lot more buggy than Arma 3, but it's got more content).

Dayz standalone will probably never come out of alpha..They got their money in the hype.
A more fitting signature. 
(07-13-2014, 07:04 PM)Jono Wrote: Dayz standalone will probably never come out of alpha..They got their money in the hype.

I do hope you're wrong about that but I would also suggest getting Arma 2 operation arrowhead as it has more going for it right now. You get more than Arma III and DayZ combined.
I have all the Arma 2 DLCs and the game itself. Guess I should consider redownloading them.
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
The following 1 user Likes mgdwszx's post:
  • Chumps
(07-13-2014, 07:15 PM)Jamster Wrote:
(07-13-2014, 07:04 PM)Jono Wrote: Dayz standalone will probably never come out of alpha..They got their money in the hype.

I do hope you're wrong about that but I would also suggest getting Arma 2 operation arrowhead as it has more going for it right now. You get more than Arma III and DayZ combined.

If you look at the differences in the change logs between Dayz SA and DayZ mod (Original), DayZ mod had more content coming out almost constantly...If i'm right, there's only been about 2 'big' updates in the last 6 months, and it didn't really add any game-changing aspects which were wanted such as vehicles, let alone base building etc.

It's taken 6 months to implement a cooking fire..And it still doesn't work! I may be wrong..But..
A more fitting signature. 
(07-13-2014, 07:22 PM)Devin Wrote: I have all the Arma 2 DLCs and the game itself. Guess I should consider redownloading them.

Yeah me too
FearlessRP 
____________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: Yzs7t0g.png]
If you can read this you're a coon
I actually quite like Arma III, haven't played Arma II / Arrowhead yet really, so I can't say anything about that.
Haven't played Arma 3, but DayZ is awful, no idea how people can actually enjoy it.