Estleback Corporation - Monorail

Monorail

At approximately 8PM on the 30th May 2014, the Estleback Corporation carried out their long awaited project, named simply 'Monorail'. After the huge success of our previous 'Metro 3342' train service, we at Estleback thought we had to go a step further to beat our previous accomplishment. Our monorail was in a fully connected loop of the city, hospital, lake, villas and downtown sections of 33X. This project hoped to bring a wider travel link throughout 33X, with outstanding success.
The train encouraged many business opportunities, and became populated with various guitar players, security guards and pedestrians. The service ran for almost two hours until it came to a stop due to closing hours.

Pictures :

A special thanks to :

Kpred - Thrusters and helping us set up.
Infernaw - Moral support Wink

Link66 - Building all of the stations, platforms and fixing up the rail in certain places.
Wood Chopper - Building the rail and sorting out the hydraulics.

The Estleback Corporation - The amazing security services.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

The following 13 users Like Link's post:
  • Ivan Tempski, Blurr, Floodify, Tawee, Envy, Jordy, Von Tempski, Audacter, JMR, NotSep, Wood, Burnett, Tmdirtbike
Brilliant RP I seen a bit off it and it was amazing good job!
Is was there (I think near the start of the RP) I waited for like 20 - 30 minutes to catch the monorail, but every time it came by people just pushed in front of me...
This means I never wen't on the monorail and people who waited less then a minute got on before me :/ (I was actually slightly gutted).

Other than that, I did get to go on the monorail (Only standing up) for about 1 stop to another.
This was a really good role play overall, and when you got it to work it worked very good. Cheese Even the 20 - 30 minute wait wasn't that bad either with the musician guy named Jimmy playing his music the whole way through, and people constantly annoying Jan by jumping past the line. xD

This is a very good RP, and I enjoyed my time there even if I didn't get a seat, so, Well done to everyone who was involved in making/helping with this RP and all the admins who helped fix it!
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DFRDkhC.gif[/img]
Credit: Nyander
The following 2 users Like Tawee's post:
  • Link, Blurr
One of the best and most original RPs I've ever seen! It was pretty damn cool, just a little sad it got ruined by people fail RPing...
Yup, was insane. Though annoying folks kept passing the line. Sad
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • Tawee
This looks amazing, Sad I missed it Sad
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Amazing time yesterday, loved every moment!

Kinds Regards
Jordy
Community Member
Looks like it was really fun! Well done guys
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • James_Gaff
This idea is purely exciting, the whole idea of having a totally new way to transport across the entire map provides a whole new scope to the ways which people travel. Many, many people have attempted this before, unfortunately, without admin's tool permissions, it is impossible to do. Based upon this, the roleplay wasn't original per-say, as it could of been done by someone else if they have had admin's support. Nevertheless, it was surely a spectacular sight to see.

As far as the roleplay element is concerned, I was very disappointed with the way people in the city received the build. Instead of lining up in a queue and waiting to be called to the line, people were crowded all in a bunch on the yellow line, most even past it and some even on the track itself! This made it very unrealistic and sadly, ruined for me, what would of been a great experience.

Furthermore, however, do not be deceived, there is great potential for these types of builds, but it takes everyone who is evolved to roleplay properly and realistically. This is where fearless really lacks, where certain roleplays need admin's involvement to become even the slightest bit possible. A smooth roleplay experience, is what we could all dream for, but is it really possible? I ask you this with deep honesty, as it's all well and good to call something "amazing," without taking into consideration the entire roleplay experience. I long for the days where these types of roleplays are possible without a need for an admin's tools, but I am very skeptical that the community will ever get to this level.

In conclusion, on this particular event, even though admin's were there, the roleplay experience was far from smooth, despite the effort that was put in. However, I do congratulate you all on a fantastic build, even though it required admin's help, the effort that was put in was outstanding. I really do look up to that.
The following 1 user Likes JMR's post:
  • Link
(05-31-2014, 06:38 PM)JordanMRichards Wrote: - Snip -

Thank-you for you kind words JMR!

In response to your comment about it only being done with the admin's help, please may I draw your attention to this :

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=43758

This was a previous event that we had done, and believe it or not, it did not require the aid of administrators. However, it was extremely difficult to accomplish and extreme dedication to the cause was what made it the great success it was.

Unfortunately, no matter what server, what community and what player base you make one of these dupes on, you will always get the same reaction ; mingy. Only a select few, veterans and dedicated players, appreciate how hard it is to make one of these systems, and they only know how to respond to it... seriously and not mingy. I am afraid this event was slightly spoilt by those who were getting a little over excited.

Overall, I apologise for the atmosphere you experienced during this event, and I hope you can understand why people were acting like this.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

The following 1 user Likes Link's post:
  • JMR