Police Warrants (realistic vs non realistic)
Hello all again. Today, once again, I am stumped on a question.

Police Warrants. Why? There unrealistic. Not when you pull over someone to arrest them, thats fine the way it is for now, but the search warrants are unrealistic.

The reason is, you know how corelones are suppost to be all baddy bad when something the president says then it all goes to crap? Then the police and SRU have to go raid the house, and arrest them or kill them if needed. All we do is /radio President, warrant (this guy) (number) for reason: attacking blah blah. Warranted, unlock the door, and jump in. THe reason why, is cause IRL, if there is a mafia in a house, and you need to get inside cause they are a threat, they've killed officers causing havic, etc, and they start shooting you when you try and get in, you have to wait 5 minutes or so for the president to do one warrant, etc etc blah blah.

IRL: Police and SRU find the house mafia is in, they would get a battering ram, or explosives if like IRL a hostige situation and they need to get in, they don't care about warrants, they just do what they need to do cause they know there threats to the goverment.

In-game? Giant shootout, after you request a warrant, wait 5 mins for pres to do so, by then, usally everyones dead. AKA cops and SRU.

This is why, if we need to In-game, shoot the door down with a M3, sence cops can hold shotguns to, and not get banned for it? Irl, a warrant would take days, to weeks, to a month even. In-game it takes 5 minutes and usually your dead.

But I'm just wondering this, cause I dont want to be banned if I ever did it, cause it would just seem the right thing to do if this was a IRL situation of them being a threat/hostage situation
[Image: Brapierwit2%20Alt%20Signature.png]
Always do what you are afraid to do -Ralph Waldo Emerson
So long as you have a warrant, you can enter any way you want, provided its with in the rules. What does this mean;

It means that, for a raid. You start with /radio I need back up at [location] because [reason]

Then you get a warrant so - /warrant [player/number] search [reason] before you begin the raid.

After you have the warrant and back up then you begin shooting in doors and ramming the keypads.

I think this is what you mean and I hope this answers your question - if not - explain it again and I will try and help. Wink
Well, IRL, a warrant takes super long, when you get pulled over for a ticket, it takes a half an hour or longer (my mom got 2 when I was in a car and dad got 1), so a warrant to raid the house imeadiately when there a threat would take an hour, and instead, if you know there a threat, then you dont want, you do it!

And if they start shooting back at you, you dont need a warrant either would you, sence there already a threat and trying to harm you?
[Image: Brapierwit2%20Alt%20Signature.png]
Always do what you are afraid to do -Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you're going to offer a fix, or whatever this thread is about, please know what you're talking about. The amount of misinformation in this thread is abysmal.

If you want realism, get a judge job class. He can do warrants for now on. It'll have to pass a bunch of legal checks and you'll a damn fine reason for the warrant. The code will have to be reconfigured to where if you shoot a weapon at somebody, the rams will work on your doors you own, because your fourth amendment doesn't defend you of you're an IMMEDIATE danger to others, but by reading your post it seems you understand that.

I'm so confused here.

But now that that is out of the way.
He has a point. Cops may enter a house without a warrant if he is allowed by the owner of the estate, or if it is last case scenario; do it or somebody dies type of scenario.
(05-22-2014, 06:30 PM)brapierwit2 Wrote: Well, IRL, a warrant takes super long, when you get pulled over for a ticket, it takes a half an hour or longer (my mom got 2 when I was in a car and dad got 1), so a warrant to raid the house imeadiately when there a threat would take an hour, and instead, if you know there a threat, then you dont want, you do it!

And if they start shooting back at you, you dont need a warrant either would you, sence there already a threat and trying to harm you?

If they begin shooting and you know that you aren't going to get a warrant through I suppose, provided you have back-up theres no reason you shouldn't run in "Guns blazing" but to be honest the warrant system, generally works.
explosives - use breach, even on props ... oh yer blow them up!
you are allowed to gain entry with use of the cracks etc in cases like gun fights
The following 1 user Likes Temar's post:
  • James_Gaff
Can you not make an exception of this rule for cops who raid mafia and similar organized criminal groups?
I think it would be much better if a SRU unit snuck to the house where the criminal organization was located, blew down the door and catch everyone by surprise.

Because as stated, a warrant should take longer, and it is not that stealthy considering a notice comes up on the guys screen if he gets searched.

Maybe an admin or something would be able to allow it if he/she seemed the situation fit at that time?
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.