Family sharing feature
Most of you know about family sharing
This lets you play Garry's mod or other games on a different account that doesn't own it
The problem that us as server and admins have with this it gets abused a lot to avoid bans

So code has been developed to check this and issue bans to any account linked by family sharing to another currently banned account

If you are genuine user of this you should not use it while 1 of you is banned

Perm bans are auto issued so be warned
Fantastic work Temar and anyone else who partook in this addition. It will be very useful in efficiently (instantly) detecting abusers of the system and applying a punishment to save the staff team a headache searching around! Good to hear this has been worked on and a way to stop the circumvention of suspension in this manner.

Great work!
Regards,
aviator
[Image: giphy.gif]
This has so much room for exploitation that it's not even funny. You shouldn't ban people for having family-sharing, but only ban users who have the possibility of a matching IP or question players about their family sharing when they come along.
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
The following 7 users Like Joey Skylynx's post:
  • BlackDog, Freezak, Blurr, Humla, Envy, KurdishFalcon, Weecow
Great job!
Great addition.
Family sharing is much better evidence of same person than ip
And we all know some might be not abusing it
But it's abused so much its better this way
Just read what FS is, void the question
If they are using the same copy of gmod yes
You are responsable for lending it him
Which is what we generally say for acc sharing
I'd advise to not lend if you don't want to risk it
The following 8 users Like Temar's post:
  • SoulRipper, Feffe, Termin, Rolorox, Floodify, Blurr, NotSep, Old Man Jokhah
Nice work Temar
Got a problem here, my brothers account is on my family sharing, but not to abuse bans as we play seperatly and I never use his account, since I don't even have his password. Can something be changed for my account to make sure i'm not banned over this legit use of Family Sharing?

EDIT: oh, actually might not be a issue as he hardly plays FL, but can some sort of note be put on my username to let administrators know of this and how it could cause a issue