[FL] Shadow - Breaking fearRP
Name of player: [FL] Shadow

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:38395357

Time in GMT: 09:37:08 PM today

Server: v2d

Summary: Me and the police sergeant were chasing Shadow on foot, and he refused to stop, despite the fact that we had tazers pointed at him.

Evidence: I do realize that the video is slightly mushy, hopefully this will be considered valid evidence. I shall be tweaking my settings.
We ealier had him tazed, but as he woke up, he continued to run away. I suspect he did it because he was in the belief that he was innocent. Refer to this screenshot.
There was absolutely no reason to for you both to arrest me. Someone got punched, which was me actually. (Also I wasn't in the punching animation state, so I don't see why I would be suspected)

I ran away because I was scared of going to jail when you started running after me (IC). In the video you can clearly see that I was running away from the police which isn't breaking Fear RP since you guys were miles away from me and I was already running at that present time (I didn't see any tazers behind me by the way) and if I was within tazer range, you could of easily tazed or pointed a gun at me while I was running away.

1. You never shouted to tell me to stop (IC and Microphone)
2. You never pointed a gun at me.
3. You never took a warning shot to make me stop or be scared in IC.
4. You had no reason to arrest me at all.

All of this leading to a random arrest on your part.
(04-20-2014, 05:27 PM)Shadow Wrote: There was absolutely no reason to for you both to arrest me. Someone got punched, which was me actually. (Also I wasn't in the punching animation state, so I don't see why I would be suspected)

I ran away because I was scared of going to jail when you started running after me (IC). In the video you can clearly see that I was running away from the police which isn't breaking Fear RP since you guys were miles away from me and I was already running at that present time (I didn't see any tazers behind me by the way) and if I was within tazer range, you could of easily tazed or pointed a gun at me while I was running away.

1. You never shouted to tell me to stop (IC and Microphone)

All of this leading to a random arrest on your part.

To address your points,

Quote:There was absolutely no reason to for you both to arrest me. Someone got punched, which was me actually. (Also I wasn't in the punching animation state, so I don't see why I would be suspected)
This is completely irrelevant, fearRP always applies, even if you disagree with the reasoning behind it.

Quote:I ran away because I was scared of going to jail when you started running after me (IC). In the video you can clearly see that I was running away from the police which isn't breaking Fear RP since you guys were miles away from me and I was already running at that present time (I didn't see any tazers behind me by the way) and if I was within tazer range, you could of easily tazed or pointed a gun at me while I was running away.

You had tazers, which by the way are considered weapons, pointed at you, yet you continued to run away. Are you telling me that you were unaware of the fact that we had weapons (in this case tazers) out?
As I see it, range of the tazers is fairly irrelevant. The rule clearly states
Quote:You can't attack a person who has a gun (or tazer) pointed at you, while you are unarmed, you must roleplay being afraid of the gun.
I very well had weaponry POINTED at you.
I was reading on the subject the other day, and seems that spamming the mouse button when attemping to taze is not an effective way of doing things, but yet was just what I did. We are all aware of how unreliable the tazer gets when attempting just this.

Quote:1. You never shouted to tell me to stop (IC and Microphone)
1) Doesn't matter. You were aware of the fact that multiple officers had weapons pointed at you. If you really were to be afraid of the gun, you would stop immediately, and in that way avoid being tased.
2) Yes, I pointed a tazer at you.
3) I never am required to shoot in order for fearRP to apply, in fact it does the exact opposite, shooting warrants the player to run off, according to the rules.
4) Again, completely irrelevant. FearRP applies.

Quote:All of this leading to a random arrest on your part.
As far as I am aware, we never got around arresting you. Either way, I never took part of arresting you in the specific matter, no.

Oh godmorehiddenreplies
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
7 days later... haha

Not involved, warned. - Enzyme
[Image: 8KO1g8f.png]
+rep AwestruckBullet for this awesome signature!
Because there is current no Super-Admin team, this might take a bit longer to be dealt with. Soulripper will be the person who will decide upon this case, and Soulripper recently went on a 5 day vacation.

Please be patient.
As a conclusion to this case we have found that Shadow did indeed break FearRP.

A verbal warning has been issued as well as me explaining the situation to himself and what he can do better in the future.

Case is now closed.