Unban request
Your name: Mr Gccc

Your ban ID: 43541

Banned by: [FL] Killjoy

Reason: public building, frozen props on the road

Involved: Nobody

Why we should unban you: So I was banned for public building and having frozen props on the road.

I pasted a checkpoint, a dupe that is on the public folder and didn't block the road with forzen props, there were frozen props, but none of them did block any car from going, the only props that were supposed to stay in front of the cars when entering the city were ramable and could be lowered up and down with a lever.

And about the public build, it was a checkpoint, something I see VERY often, and if it needed permission, I saw no admins that could grant me it.

Also, why week without a warning? I am aware I do have 800 hours, But that dupe was on the public folder and I have seen people paste it.

That dupe wasn't able of blocking any players from entering or leaving the city, the only frozen props were in the middle, just like any other checkpoint. Why I haven't seen any other player get banned for using a checkpoint?
(01-27-2014, 01:08 AM)MrGcCc Wrote: and if it needed permission, I saw no admins that could grant me it.

If you can't ask for permission, that means you don't have any - simple as that.
(01-27-2014, 07:21 AM)Killjoy Wrote:
(01-27-2014, 01:08 AM)MrGcCc Wrote: and if it needed permission, I saw no admins that could grant me it.

If you can't ask for permission, that means you don't have any - simple as that.

That means banning should be used as a first resort to teach players that? Do you go always do undercover and instantly ban all players that got props outside doors without reasoning with them?

If you did told me, I would have gladly removed the checkpoint, you but proceeded to suddenly ban me for a week without even saying a word.

My though is that you could use a checkpoint with the authorization of the president since the city was under his control and, since today, I haven't seen anyone get banned for the use of an inoffensive checkpoint. And today, suddenly banning someone without warning while they're passively trying to RP their checkpoint isn't a good way to teach them, and you know that.

And about the frozen props, I still don't understand, the only frozen props were in the middle and didn't block anyone, the checkpoint could be rammed.

If you knew I had over 800 hours, you perfectly knew I would remove that checkpoint if you told me so, please explain, why you didn't warn me at all? ALL players should be treated the same.
I was administrating remotely and took actions upon your infraction based on complqints received. Anybody else in your position would have received the same treatment.
(01-27-2014, 11:21 AM)Killjoy Wrote: I was administrating remotely and took actions upon your infraction based on complqints received. Anybody else in your position would have received the same treatment.

So I was suspended for one week without warning and with a fifth ban in my record for a complaint?

If it were more than one, it still makes little sense, since you say you were administrating remotely, which means you weren't on the server, and I suppose you received the complaint(s) and somehow you saw I had frozen props on the road, without permission, but you didn't know it was a checkpoint?

I though logs didn't show everything.

This could be just a misunderstanding.

Why it was unfair.

So, I'll explain why the two reasons I was banned for were unfair:

1. Public build: Honestly, every single person I have seen making a checkpoint only need the requirement of making it possible to be rammed (and mine could). Why I don't see people get banned for that? Not all of them ask admins for permission for something they already allowed. Again, with the only condition of it being possible to be rammed.

2. Frozen props on the road: Every checkpoint I have ever seen (with admins on) is frozen in the middle part so cars can't just ram it and kill the person controlling the checkpoint, it doesn't block any cars from going inside and outside (and also ram it, as a white BMW did before I got banned), as I said before. And so was the one I used, which was on the public folder and I have seen many people use it, with staff members online and offline.

So, I'm still upset that you proceeded to ban me for one week with no warning, if you are able to ban remotely then you are surely able to contact players, right?

Get in my position for a moment, you were doing something you have seen players do for a long time without any negative consequence and you were totally convinced it was right and you were doing it to benefit the roleplay of both government and non-government and with no intention of breaking the rules. Then, you suddenly get banned for one week for something, again, you have seen players doing it since you started playing on the servers.

How do you feel? Be honest.

I respect your position and in my opinion, Fearless could get a better image if players are warned instead of instantly banned in such occasions.

You know, that if you simply told me "Gccc, remove your props on the road", no matter how rude, I would have listened, because I got NO intentions of breaking the rules.
You blatantly broke the rules and there's no excuse to that. Denied.