Laptops
Question 
Hey guys, Iv just saved up enough money for a laptop and I wanted to hear your opinion on wich one I should buy.
My main requirment is a light laptop, since Im going to use it mainly for my school projects and stuff and Im probably going to carry it the entire day in my backpack.
If you guys can please include the specs, that would be awesome Cheese
It doesn't really matter that much if you're just using it for school, just make sure it works.
But Toshiba and Dell laptopsl have a good reputation.
user title was put to "one of the elders" by default, and holy shit does that sound extreme
Acer only last there warranty, which is about a year or 2 year. Asus and dell are both strongly built and have some alright specs.
-
Meteor (rep)
I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 11' Yoga. I use it for school and it is perfect. However mine is running the RT version of Windows 8, which is a tablet version. If you go ahead and buy one with full Windows 8, it will be the ideal choise.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
I think the Microsoft Surface Pro 2 might be for you. It is light weight because it is a tablet mixed with a PC. It has a keyboard which can be added and removed for easier carrying.
[Image: surface_2-e1379958148191.jpg]

If you do want a full laptop I would recommend getting a dell product. They do the job well and are a good well known brand.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
(11-30-2013, 09:17 AM)Meteor Wrote: Acer only last there warranty, which is about a year or 2 year. Asus and dell are both strongly built and have some alright specs.

I've had an acer for 3 years now, works perfect.

It's a really good computer, it's fast and I just love it. (My old gamer laptop...)

I would probably go after Acer, Toshiba or Dell. (Dell and Toshiba can survive anything, I once had a Dell and it fell out of my backpack a couple of times... Never broke)
if its for school may I recommend this
http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/chrome/...omo-family
[Image: rOQf2Gy.png]
its £199, or whatever it is in your country. also one of the lightest laptops out there
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
I woulnd't recommend the Surface Pro, my roomie has one of those. They really aren't that good and that attachable keyboard gets annoying in the long run.

This is the one I bought, I absolutely love it.

http://shop.lenovo.com/dk/da/laptops/ide...a/yoga-13/

Besides, it can run League of Legends just fine, heh.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
(11-30-2013, 10:54 AM)DrBarkles Wrote: if its for school may I recommend this
http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/chrome/...omo-family
its £199, or whatever it is in your country. also one of the lightest laptops out there
I don't recommend getting a Chromebook yet. Online office programs (Google Drive, Skydrive etc.) doesn't have anything near the features of offline softwares (Office, OpenOffice). I know the online office programs I mentioned are getting updates, but I don't believe it's good enough for a full replacement yet.