Dog
As wonderful as times are, there comes a time when we must let go and realize it's for the greater good. This video is significant for the people who want to recall their memories from the past and or rejoice about them.

Thank you.

For those who would rather read then listen.

When I was a lad and old Shep was a pup
Over hills and meadows we'd play
Just a boy and his dog we were both full of fun
We grew up together that way

I remember the time at the old swimming hole
When I would have drowned beyond doubt
But old Shep was right there to the rescue he came
He jumped in and helped pull me out

Now, the years they rolled by and old Shep he grew old
His eye sight at last it grew dim
Then one day the doctor looked at him
And said, I can't do no more for him Jim

With a hand that was trembling, I picked up my gun
And I aimed it at Shep's faithful head
But I just couldn't do it I wanted to run
I wished they would shoot me instead

Now, old Shep is gone where the good doggies go
And no more on this earth will he roam
But if dogs have a Heaven there's one thing I know
Old Shep has a wonderful home
[Image: grubsiggy.gif]
"A man must stand in the eyes of fear and march on to lead those who follow him to victory. Through these battles, a man will build himself a home, a place of refuge and happiness for those he cares about." - Grub
The following 9 users Like Grub's post:
  • WorldWideCoffee, Humla, Salinsky, GeorgeTheBoy, Floodify, Ciryl, dig, Infernaw, ousmN
Thank you grub. Seriously. I knew I called you brother for a reason.

For those of you who have no clue what im talking about I lost my dog of 11 years yesterday and he died practically in my arms. He had 1 lung and Ammonia and the vet said he had a life expectancy of less than 5 but he managed 11.

Thanks again man. You and Johnny started my day with a smile.
[Image: IMG]

Beflok is my idol

The following 3 users Like WorldWideCoffee's post:
  • Wood, Salinsky, GRiiM
(09-28-2013, 12:40 PM)WorldWideCoffee Wrote: Thank you grub. Seriously. I knew I called you brother for a reason.

For those of you who have no clue what im talking about I lost my dog of 11 years yesterday and he died practically in my arms. He had 1 lung and Ammonia and the vet said he had a life expectancy of less than 5 but he managed 11.

Thanks again man. You and Johnny started my day with a smile.
I feel with you, mate.
My dog died in my arms last summer.

I had to make the call to let her be put down as her heart wasn't capable of pumping around all the fluids anymore. Because I was a nurse back then, I knew that a hard stomach could only mean one thing for a dog as old as she was (12) so we went to the vet and I held her close to me as he gave her the injections..

Dogs ARE like family, you just gotta treat 'em right.

Stay strong mate, thanks Grub for posting this Smile
Damn, just reading the lyrics was emotional. Pets (not just dogs) are like family. Treat them well, and they will love you. They are true best friends.

Thanks for posting it, Groob!
I cried when my bird died. I can't imagine if Rolo died. I love my puppy. I have had him since I was a kid. We have grown together for 8 years. I named myself after him :'( I can only imagine how much it would hurt to lose him. Hope you are doing well Coffee
What a beautiful sad song, brought a tear to my eye listening to it.

When treated properly, a bond between a person and their dog (or any pet for that matter) can be more deep and loving than with any other human friend.
The kind of loyalty your dog gives you is unique... No human in the world is as loyal to me as my dog. Sad or happy still excited to see me when i come through the door.
[Image: 28guk44.png]

Thanks to Duck for the epic sig..
also thanks for the "a great friend since 2009" really appreciate it!

How about some Reputation?