Headset?
Hey, I am looking to buy a headset (no price range, got a decent amount of cash to blow on one). I have looked around and I was going to settle for some Beats but I decided to ask here first. I am not wanting closed cups (you know, the ones that go over your entire ear) but more of a comfortable fit. It also does not need a mic since I am getting a Editor keys SL300 that is on order.

Thanks in advance,
Your local Wood Chopper!
Kind Regards,
Wood.
I deeply suggest the Gamecom 780,
[Image: 4m6hx.jpg]
It's good, cheap, and sturdy. I've had it for 8 months and its still holding up just fine, one of my friends with beats came round my house and i noticed when i put on his beats there was no difference in the quality of the sound, which i thought was quite weird. You could wear the headset for extremely long periods of time and your ear won't hurt or your head or anything. Also the mic is pretty good but you don't need one so it's fine.

Also, i've heard the Astro a40's are good if youre looking to spend tons of cash on it.
[Image: 4m6er.jpg]
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
Ah, Cheers for the reply. If I did pick one, I think I would take the Astro a40's but I am wanting more of a "not directly into your ear". I don't like the headphone cups that cover your entire ear in a cup but more prefer open cups.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
If you're willing to spend 40 or 50 quid more, i'd defiantly take the A50's instead. Having owned A40's and varies other headsets, the A50 is better than all of them.

A50's are more solid, in my opinion as well...

But at the end of the day, the A50 is probably 5% better than the 40's, so is it worth paying the extra 5%?

(Of course what i'm saying is preference, but i do prefer the A50, especially seeing as i play a wide variety of games, and it's never failed to match up to my expectations.)
A more fitting signature. 
I have the Logitech G930, really and I mean really good headset.It is wireless, has a automute, has G keys on it plus more. Got it for $80
(09-08-2013, 10:34 AM)Tandy Wrote: I deeply suggest the Gamecom 780,
[Image: 4m6hx.jpg]
It's good, cheap, and sturdy. I've had it for 8 months and its still holding up just fine, one of my friends with beats came round my house and i noticed when i put on his beats there was no difference in the quality of the sound, which i thought was quite weird. You could wear the headset for extremely long periods of time and your ear won't hurt or your head or anything. Also the mic is pretty good but you don't need one so it's fine.

Also, i've heard the Astro a40's are good if youre looking to spend tons of cash on it.
[Image: 4m6er.jpg]

I also use the Gamcom 780 and I agree with Tandy in that it is priced really well and has superb mic and headphone quality!
iues G35 its got good price and its good in games
Roccat Kave for all your gaming and movie watching needs.
(09-12-2013, 04:17 PM)Salinsky Wrote: Roccat Kave for all your gaming and movie watching needs.

Roccat Kave has some major disadvantages like not having a true subwoofer on board, therefore you will experience weak levels of bass, also as earcups are large, headset is pretty heavy compared to other headsets, that could be noticeable after some hours of gaming. Other than that it's not bad, pretty good actually. Anyways, if you would like a perfect headset, in my opinion that's QPAD QH-90 or SteelSeries Siberia V2, as i have tried both i can say they have all things every gamer would need, you can read more about them from google and so on, that's too much to summarize details.
If you really dont need a Mic you should go for Senheiser or Bose headphones since they beat every headset in sound quality
[Image: cuAfUK9.gif]