The Scale of the Universe.
(08-25-2013, 02:09 PM)Zaeed_Massani Wrote: Here's a thought for you, when you look up at the nights sky, and see all those stars, you are seeing history, you are seeing life and death, the window into the past.
Now light takes millions of years to reach us, so logically what we could see might not be there anymore, it might have faded away, our ancestors might not have seen it, to the naked eye we are gazing upon the history of life.

Make of that what you will, its a thought I like to have whilst smoking a cigar and watching the nights sky.

That is true. I find it amazing that those stars might not be there. It just goes to show the size of the universe, since they are so far away, it takes millions of years for light to reach us. Light being the fastest thing in the universe and it is truly amazing that we are looking into the past. Even when looking at the sun.

I like anything to do with astronomy. Whenever we have a clear sky, I will try to get the telescope out and look at various planets, stars, nebulae and more. It really is an amazing thing.
Regards,
aviator