[SOLVED] Gmod is crashing
Question 
Hello! My friend just bought the game and he is trying to join a server and when he is about to join Gmod crashes (but when he joins a sandbox server its fine). Sometimes an error is popping up.

failed to lock vertec buffer in CMeshD8: LockVertexBuffer.nVertexCount=1126, nFirstVertex=0

Unistalling the game and installing it did not work
Deleting the addons folder or the cache folder did not work
I've tried putting -dxlevel 81 in the "set launch options". Did not work
I did a format to the PC and it worked Smile

Thanks everyone who tried to help Smile

Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese
The following 1 user Likes ToastedBanana's post:
  • Floodify
Try setting your graphics to the lowest settings possible.
The following 1 user Likes 5p carrier bag's post:
  • ToastedBanana
Have you tried to play in Windowed mode? I googled this for you and it turns out that playing in windowed mode is a temporary solution for this problem.
[Image: template.png]
Quote:StillAlive (72)
Positive (+1): Here! Have a point for being almost as awesome as me!
The following 1 user Likes Vitrox's post:
  • ToastedBanana
(08-20-2013, 04:01 PM)VallyTeacake Wrote: Try setting your graphics to the lowest settings possible.

Tried this and it did not work Smile thanks for the reply tough Wink

(08-20-2013, 04:29 PM)Vitrox Wrote: Have you tried to play in Windowed mode? I googled this for you and it turns out that playing in windowed mode is a temporary solution for this problem.

I will try that tomorrow and I will reply the results Smile Thanks for the reply Wink
If you want to play in windowed mode, simply add this to your gmod launch options:

Code:
-windowed -noborder
The following 1 user Likes Freezak's post:
  • ToastedBanana
(08-21-2013, 12:46 AM)Freezak Wrote: If you want to play in windowed mode, simply add this to your gmod launch options:

Code:
-windowed -noborder

Thanks for the tip Smile

(08-20-2013, 04:29 PM)Vitrox Wrote: Have you tried to play in Windowed mode? I googled this for you and it turns out that playing in windowed mode is a temporary solution for this problem.

It did not work Sad It crashed again
Try re-installing DirectX
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 1 user Likes SoulRipper's post:
  • ToastedBanana
Did you already added all the launch options provided in this thread?

Try adding all the launch options in there (except for -w 1920 -h 1080 because it might be different for you) and try again.
(Meaning you'll have to add these: +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 -heapsize 3145728 +cl_cmdrate 100 +myinfo_bytes 2000 +cl_updaterate 101 +rate 30000 -dxlevel 80 +mat_antialias 8 +mat_forceaniso 16)
The following 1 user Likes Theblackshadowofgod's post:
  • ToastedBanana
(08-21-2013, 02:01 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Try re-installing DirectX

Did not work Smile Thanks for the reply Cheese

(08-21-2013, 04:54 PM)Theblackshadowofgod Wrote: Did you already added all the launch options provided in this thread?

Try adding all the launch options in there (except for -w 1920 -h 1080 because it might be different for you) and try again.
(Meaning you'll have to add these: +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 -heapsize 3145728 +cl_cmdrate 100 +myinfo_bytes 2000 +cl_updaterate 101 +rate 30000 -dxlevel 80 +mat_antialias 8 +mat_forceaniso 16)

None of those are the problem that I have Sad Thanks for the reply Smile
Problem solved, closing.
Regards,
aviator