Join League of Legends!
What is it?

League of legends is a strategy, battle based MMO. It's similiar to Dota 2 and Starcraft, in the fact that the game is played on a game by game basis. It's the most popular MMO at the moment, with over 100 champions to chose from.

Roles:

Summoners rift is the most commonly played map. Therefore, in this section I will explain the basics of how this map is played in terms of player to player combat along with the general idea of what type of champion to choose when playing this map.

Top:
This champion is normally the most versatile in terms of who you choose to play. Normally the top champion is quite tanky, meaning they're hard to take down. The role of the top is not to die too many times, and if they do well, they can carry the team to victory. We'll get more in depth later.

Mid:
The mid champion is known as an AP Carry, or ability power based carry. This person normally has some range to their attacks, and is meant to do a lot of damage to the opposing team.

Bottom:
Normally, 2 champions go bottom. An AD Carry, and a support. The AD Carry is a ranged, attack damage based champion. While the AP Carry relies on spell to do damage, the AD Carry relies on basic attacks. The ADC And APC are the most important members of the team, and it's important they do well for everyone to succeed.

Jungle:
The jungle's job, is to make sure that the lanes struggling, can get back on their feet. They do this by jumping into the struggling lanes, and trying to kill the other teams champion.

Maps:

You have 3 maps to choose from. Including a 3v3 map, and two 5v5 maps. These are the maps shown below.

Summoners Rift (5v5 Map):

This map is played with 5 different champions, the ADC, APC, Jungle, Support and Top. The map is split into 3 different "Lanes". As I explained earlier, the ADC and Support go bottom, the top champion goes top... The APC Goes mid, and the jungle can roam the forested/rocky area and jump into other lanes to help the struggling team-member.

Twisted Treeline (3v3 Map):

This map is played with 3 champions, I really don't know if there is a technique behind the choice.. Any 3 champions usually work if you know how to play the game well. This map is played all over the place really... No specific roles.

The Howling Abyss (5v5 Map):

On this map, all 5 team-mates gather together and fight the other team head on. There is no jungle, and no lanes. This setup creates faster played games and more intense action.

Creep-Score:

Each champion has gold to spend on items in the shop. The game gives you gold over-time, but the easiest way to get gold is to kill minions, or creeps. This creates something called a creep-score or CS. Which is basically the number of minions you've killed throughout the game. The higher the number, the more money you got throughout the game. When the minion is on low health, you simply hit it with a basic attack, or spell. This will give you gold. It's sounds simple, but it takes time to master the technique.

Strategy:

There is a lot of strategy involved in this game. From warding to positioning. I'm going to teach you the very basics of strategy, which is warding. A ward is an object that can be purchased in the shop, it reveals an area of the map. Your team champions has a radius of sight. What your team-mates can see, you can see. What they can't/don't see, you can't either. It sounds confusing but it's not hard, I promise <3. In order to make sure that you can survive from people trying to kill you, a ward is in need. After you purchase one from the shop, it goes into your inventory, which has 6 slots. The idea is to place the ward in important areas, so that your team can have sight all over the map. Here is a simple reference image, that should help you in basic warding. Other than this, it really just takes practice in order to learn the strategy.

So.. How do I join?

It's simple, all you have to do is click this link, and you will be guided through the process of joining the NA Server..

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=5...f428676796

Welcome to the League, summoner!
(That sounds horribly cheesy)
Nice guide vauld! too bad I hate lol
Love this game, horribly addicted to it...probably the best PC game I've ever found.

Also it's the most played game in the world and has over 70 million registered members.
great game and good guide Cheese
Ugh, LoL, not too fond of it. Nice guide though.
yeah nice guide but i already play it for 3 years now ..i am silver 1 division... but and i am very pro // add me if you want to play some duo...only guys who know to play.. LoL name :MightyOneGr server:nordic and east ...need guys who know to play solo top mid or ad carryCheese

[Cut out giant post here]

when you are saying at mid there is an ap champion u are wrong ....there are amny adc's too ..like lee sin .udyr ...talon or jayce ....jungle can ap too .. bottom lane..can be adc with ap too ..no need support.
(08-11-2013, 09:01 PM)Flabbawookie Wrote: Love this game, horribly addicted to it...probably the best PC game I've ever found.

Also it's the most played game in the world and has over 70 million players active.

Source to your statements?
The following 1 user Likes Mahti's post:
  • Russkie
MightyOne, I was following the current popular META in my guide. The META can be mixed up, but that would confuse new people.
Im already a very active LoL player, Add me if you are on EU West. (Summoner Name: Dermy The mighty)

I already play with a couple of FL member quite often. (Captain Mathias and Whoopie)

I am currently in Gold V with an MMR of 1500. So hit me up and i'll play with ya
(08-12-2013, 04:52 PM)Vauld Wrote: MightyOne, I was following the current popular META in my guide. The META can be mixed up, but that would confuse new people.

Meant to say 70 million registered members.

32 Million active per month.

12 Million active every day.

Suck on that World of Warcraft.