Client timeouts
Strange enough I couldn't find any threads using the search function, so if anyone does find one with a fix please post it.

2 days ago my computer decided to be a bitch and break down, that's being repaired and now I have to play on a laptop, I've been trying to connect since yesterday, and with no results, I tried using fixes found on the internet, but that didn't work either, so now I'm really willing to try anything to get this sorted.

Here is what happens:

A slot is open, I connect and wait, it is stuck at "retrieving server info" for around a minute, then goes further, and gets stuck again for a minute, then when it's at "Sending Client Info" I'm finally thinking that I'm getting in, then it starts downloading the rp_evocity_v2d graphics, and I time out.
Sounds stupid but have you verified the integrity of you game cache?

[Image: fgfcrai.png]

If I helped you, please consider giving me a +Rep.

I had a similar issue, verified the game cache for HL2 CSS, and GMOD, etc.
It also turned out i'd put some files in the wrong folder so it had an epic fit about that, and gave me the same error you're referring too. Hope that helps.
This does sound like you need to do the updates for HL2, CCS and gmod
[Image: QAlZlgi.png]
(08-03-2013, 03:08 PM)Zaeed_Massani Wrote: I had a similar issue, verified the game cache for HL2 CSS, and GMOD, etc.
It also turned out i'd put some files in the wrong folder so it had an epic fit about that, and gave me the same error you're referring too. Hope that helps.

I reinstalled gmod 4 times and didn't download anything after that, but I will try the first fix right away, I will tell you what happened.
Sadly that didn't work, thanks for trying to help though.

Would removing steam and redownloading it / the games help?
removing steam I dont think would help anything
[Image: QAlZlgi.png]
Thank you all for trying to help, I will, every now and then, be on FL on my brother's computer untill my PC comes back in 3 weeks, and at that time school starts so I will be inactive again, so yeah, once again, thank you.
This may seem too obvious but aye some times simple stuff slips the mind, have you tried googling it see if someone else has found a fix?

[Image: fgfcrai.png]

If I helped you, please consider giving me a +Rep.

if everything is installed the same way, and all caches are ok, we can assume it could be to do with your laptop and how it's trying to connect to the internet.

Can it connect to any server at all?
Does gmod work in singleplayer?

Is everything content related in the common folder?

The last one was the major issue for me, if it didnt timeout it'd just crash my laptop.

Other than whats listed above only thing I can think of is a connection issue.