Police RP-What is acceptable and what isint?
Heya People

I love playing as the police in the game.
It allows me to protect those who may not be able to protect themselves however the only problem I find is Either Rule breakers or Bad officers.Now Im not saying everyone will agree with my points here but I just hope it gets noticed.

1. Officers are not above the law they up hold the law!
-I have seen way to many officers speed past me breaking the Speed limit In my eyes(If I see this I pull the cop over and warn him)
this is wrong as those people are holding themselves "above" the law.

2.Firemen and Ambulances are also no exception to the above
-Again when people get into a Firetruck or Ambulance I see them drive around like
idiots it seems when they get there hands on any type of Law enforcing vehicle they
they think their the new Jesus or something...( I pull them over and demand they pay the fine or Risk Demotion)
(The above excludes responding to emergencies which is indicated with Sirens)

3.(this is not to do with officers to much)
-I have seen a large increase of NON-RP complaints while arresting people. I think past officers have lest a bad sting on people and they are generally negative towards the cops. This in my eyes is saddening how people who protect them are nearly always there no.1 enemy. The amount of False ban requests I get when arresting some on is also Unimaginable. Sure you don't want to go to prison and lose out on RP time but please RP being arrested rather than just go "OMG IMA SO REPORT YOU TO ADMINS".

4.New Officers
-I know this a slightly controversial term seeing as alot of people judge a officer and
his skill depending on how many hours he or she has had on the server. Personally
find this wrong and that the new people playing as police shouldn't just be kicked
off but guided by either the sergeant or a higher up member than them to help them on there way so we no longer get any rule breakers.

These are all personal opinions and you are all entitled to your own.
I hope you see my points and would like to see your Opinions too.

Thanks, DragonZ
Police officers follow the law and enforce the law, no exceptions. If an officer is speeding, fine him.
I believe fining an officer for speeding is a stupid idea, in real life an internal investigation or punishment would be issued. Perhaps you'd get the Sergeant to issue a fine instead?

Don't forget that while an officer should follow the law, they are above the average citizen and should be treated in a different way.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
So a cop can't fine another cop when the other cop is breaking the law?
The following 1 user Likes Narc's post:
  • Weecow
No, you wouldn't do that. A fine isn't really a punishment more of a deterrent. If you have an officer enforcing the law, who can't even follow the law, what good of an officer is he/her? You'd give a fine? No, you'd look into why the hell he or her is in your police force and do something about it.

EDIT: In other words, you wouldn't let an officer of the law get away with that. He could be a danger to the public, and with great power comes great responsibility.
Nuka
I think he means its something someone higher up should be dealing with and not the standard street officers. Kind of like say: If you find an officer breaking a law, find out who it is, stop them, and then forward that to the sergeant/president so he can take appropriate action. IE: Demotion, fine, a really terrible assignment.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
(06-06-2013, 08:50 AM)Nuka Wrote: Don't forget that while an officer should follow the law, they are above the average citizen and should be treated in a different way.

Incorrect, until an offence is committed they are equal to the population.
(06-06-2013, 08:44 AM)Narcotic Wrote: Police officers follow the law and enforce the law, no exceptions. If an officer is speeding, fine him.

I agree with this but obviously if an officer is driving dangerously instead of protecting the city he should be demoted. A normal fine might not be enough if someone is really causing havoc as an officer.
1. Not many people in the server care about the speed limits, so do some Officers, and I'm not talking about every single player in the server. Just as Narcotic said try to pull them over and fine them. It's their job to enforce laws and if they break it they should pay the fine. Or you can just inform the president about the officers that break laws themselfs.

2. There are many new players that go on Fireman or Paramedic job, and they just speed around with their car, they may speed to respond to a emergency call but if they don't, just fine them aswell. Or try to tell them what their actualy job is to do, helping is always a better way.

3. Just ignore some people that are whining if you arrest them. But make sure to raid/pull-over or whatever you do with a valid reason. When I'm a officer I see alot of people whining when they get arrested for a valid reason some of them even break rules themselfs afterwards. Also a little tip; explain why you fine them or arrest them, don't just handcuff them and ask the fine, explaining will calm them down usually. If you are unsure about a law you can always just radio what you want to ask. You can always enforce the permanent laws, and the complain I mostly get when i'm a officer is that the president hasn't broadcasted it, however it is in the permanent laws and you can allways enforce it. Ie: Jaywalking. If they complain about that get them to read the permanent laws.

4. That's true, there are many new players playing as police, and people do judge them on his/her hours. And that's wrong, I personally like to help those new officers so they know how to be a officer and do their job. But the president can always demote a less experienced player for a more experienced one (Correct me if i'm wrong). But if you do see a cop that is not doing his/her job you can always request a demoted, but only do it when they refuse help and if they keep failing at their job.

I hope this helped you.
(06-06-2013, 12:01 PM)Termin Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 08:50 AM)Nuka Wrote: Don't forget that while an officer should follow the law, they are above the average citizen and should be treated in a different way.

Incorrect, until an offence is committed they are equal to the population.

This may be true to some circumstances. But don't forget many laws in place are to protect the police over a citizen. If You swear a lot at an officer you will be arrested. Also, respect is key to an officer and they do uphold the law, the way they do this is with power and serving the community. They are servants to the citizens and so should be treated the same as one but you could also say that officers are above the average citizen in terms of power. May not be in ethical terms, but have you seen a construction worker close a junction?
Nuka