[Chronicles of the city] part 2 is now playing!
Chapter one: Prologue

Spoiler :
The woman wiped the blood from her face. She dragged herself across the floor into the second room. She then ransacked nearby dresser to find a greenish syringe. she plunged the syringe into her arm. As soon as the chemicals reached the parts that were torn apart, cuts started to sticth back together and missing blood was replaced with new. She heard shattering of glass coming from downstairs. She took her gun from her waistband and checked the ammo. They weren't going to survive this without corpses. Someone else was going to die tonight, besides her. suddenly, a man rushed to the room. She was about to fire, then she saw who it was and dropped the gun instantly. Thomas kneeled besides Sarah and helped her up. "What the hell did you think?" Thomas almost yelled. He felt little bad for yelling to his sister, but Sarah had taken too big of a risk "But it seems that police are terrible shooters. Let's dig those bullets from your flesh. And I bet we see that most of them came from police firearms". Sarah didn't resbond. One bullet had hit her neck, tearing vocal cords and rendering her incapable of speech for now. She then handed a flash drive to Thomas. He glanced upon the small card. He then hugged Sarah and left the room.

Car steered to the yard outside. A man wearing black suit stepped out and checked the adress.

Meanwhile, Thomas had put the flash drive into his computer. And was now encoding a stream of numbers. He walked to the window and while taking a look, he saw the man in the suit. Cold chills ran down his spine. Without moving his eyes. He searched for the rifle he had left at the door. He noticed his mistake when the first molotov chrashed trought the glass. Thomas jumped back as fire spread across the floor. During one moment, he saw the badge on the shoulder of man who had just torched his house. He saw the hexacon that was pierced by a triangle. He saw the RPG. He saw the coming rocket. Then he saw only fire as he ran from the storm of wood splinters and smoke. He tried to save Sarah first. But the door to the room was barred by a flaming wood. He was about to drag the burning wood with his bare hands. When second rocket bursted trough the cracking wall. Explosion forced Thomas to jump trough the nearest window. Sharp pieces of glass tore his flesh. He hit the ground, breaking two of his ribs. He forcefully dragged himself forward. Large boot hit his back and forced him down. Dirty rag was pushed against his face. Thomas was familiar with the smell of chloroform. As his last act, he snapped the flash drive in half. He took the item from his computer while running. And now it was gone. Kick came to his face and he passed out.

Three hours later the fires were gone. Firefighters had arrived shortly and were searching for survivors. They found the burned corpse of a young woman. She was covered and taken out. When they were lifting her to the ambulance. She suddenly sprung to life gasping for breath.

Chapter two: Locked rooms

Spoiler :
A cold splash of water woke Thomas up. He was lying on ground with deep cuts in his chest and arms. As soon as he got his vision back. He opened his eyes to see a room without any light apart from a dirty bulb hangin from the ceiling. Thomas tried to wipe his face, but only to find that his hand was badly sliced. Same arm that had the hexagon pattern, now had a single word cut deep: ”Heretic”. He had been in more difficult places before. First he grapped some torn cloth from his clothes, and covered the bleeding letters from his hand. Then he proceeded to standing up, only to be pushed back down by strong pain in his leg. Large splinter of wood had been blasted deep into his leg, right under the knee. Thomas took a deep breath, and pulled the piece of wood of. With amazing tenacity, he stood up and walked to the door. It was made of metal, with small square hole at the eye level. Gray gas mask appeared outside the door. Then the door flung open and a metal rebar hit Thomas right between his eyes. He fell to the ground, hitting his head. Man with the mask walked in holding the rebar, wich now was covered in blood. ”You are Thomas Harper Drake”, He said in coarse voice, ”And now you will tell me what was in that flash drive”. Thomas only smiled as the blood from his face started to pool on the floor. ”You should know that”, he replied, ”After all, you were the one who personally tried to shoot my sister”. The man didn't show any emotions. Lenses of the mask were covered by red glass. ”And by the way”, Thomas continued, ”All the data got burned before encoding, and I destroyed the only copy”. This caused man to hit Thomas to the face, and slam his ribs with the rebar. Then he left, muttering curses and leaving Thomas to bleed on the floor. The door slammed shut and the lights went out.

Sarah didn't know if she was alive or not. She tried to move her hands, but faced only failure to complete this simple task. She didn't know, how long she had been sleeping. But the next thing she knew, was that someone removed a needle from her hand. She fell to sleep again. And when she woke up, she was in hospital bed. Sarah looked at the clock. It was 3:14 AM. She moved her head, and saw her clothes and backpack on the floor next to her bed. She was wearing white gown. She looked around, and stepped on the floor. She ransacked her pack to find a another syringe. It looked like a normal adrenaline shot, except it was bright silvery. She searched for the spot with most burn damage, and injected herself with very strong medical solution. Sarah had to bite her fist to keep herself quiet. For some reason, burnmarks hurt like hell to heal fully. When new skin forced itself to surface, Sarah took the time to dress her own clothes. She then walked to the door wich was locked.
She shook the handle with frustration. She then glanced over a window. Fire escape plafform was just outside a window, wich seemed to be unlocked. She opened the window, threw her backpack down and climbed out. Soon enough, she was down in the alleyway. Her jacket was badly burnt. But otherwise her clothes were just little crisp, and could keep her warm and cover more private areas until she could get something else to wear. Sarah staggered a bit. Sudden wake and medicine wasn't doing any good for her. But now wasn't the time to rest. She hadn't seen the ones how attacked the house, but she was certain about the people who did it.

Thomas had grown pale for the amount of blood lost. For the third time, he tried to force the door open. He had also noticed a surveilance camera on the top corner of the room. It was too high to reach. So he spent most of his time in it's blind spots. He then kicked the door with all his strenght. It made a loud bang. A man came in front of the door and looked trough the hole to see what had made the sound. He then opended the door and walked in. Thomas pressed himself against the wall and waited for the rigth moment. He had been in these situations before. And knew how to handle them. At the right moment, he kicked the door back. It flung right into the mans face, knocking him back into hallway. Thomas ran past him while holding his ribs. He had forgotten about them, but now they were hard to withstand. Two armed soldiers came in from the other end of the hallway. Thomas switched direction, and ran straight trough nearby window. He fell straight trought the hardened glass. During the flight he saw old industrial buildings and large field behind them. In that one moment of panic. Manifestation happened. In a single second, Thomas saw every rock on the ground and every gust of wind. He flipped himself in the air, and hit the ground softly. He got up feeling fuzzy. Every manifest cost him some time to recover. He ran without looking back. Thomas reached a driveway with open gate. After the gate there was a small forest. Thomas hid behind a large tree and watched the area he had just escaped from. There were no alarms, just couple men outside with machine guns. Thomas was sure that those were just some hired thugs. Real Avek syndicate was way more organized. He saw no hexagons nearby, wich also told so. Fuzzi feeling, caused by the manifest grew stronger. Thomas wiped his face. And walked away to find a safe place to rest in.

This is the opening for a epic story. I do not attempt to copy any format. I just love writing, and that is what I'm doing here. Tell me what you think. And should I continue? I'm sorry for any misspelling. English isn't my native language, and I have a minor dyslexia.

[All stories will be featured in one post. for that, I will remove the chapter name from the trhead title. Please let me know what you think of this solution]
Looks like you have put alot of effort into creating this, and i had fun reading it. Cannot wait for the next episode!
part two is finally ready! I still had some trouble with the language and writing correctly. I hope that this doesn't ruin the story.
Also. I usually don't like buffering my own posts. so if you could tell what is the best way to let you know about a new part. Thank you.
Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably going to get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.