VAC Issue
Ok, I connect to server, after about a minute it shows the VAC error popup box and disconnects me, I don't think the problem's on the site which the link leads to:Steam Page
I think I'm having a problem with my gmod all in all. I also posted a post about it not showing the multiplayer servers, maybe they're connected?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Do you leave your computer on all the time? If so, then restart your Router / Modem / what ever it is you have and also restart your computer. I've had that issue aswell and those two steps are all i hade to do to fix it.

Hope this helped in some way.
Sincerely, TotallyGG
Community Member & Donator

I had this problem a while back, I tried connecting a few time and it just wouldn't work and i received the same error message.

I left it for a few hours, once I returned it was fine. I could connect and play perfectly. I didn't do anything during this time.

Try connecting again, if it does not work. As Alex said, you could try Restart your router.
There is a bug in windows
1:restart the computer
2make sure it gets connected to the internet
3 if it is wireless make sure the wireless adapter is not disabled or damaged
4 check for steam updates
5:if none of these work just kick the tower and it will work *results may vary
Gmod doesn't even use the VAC system.
user title was put to "one of the elders" by default, and holy shit does that sound extreme
Thanks guys, I tried and its working perfectly now Cheese
(05-08-2013, 01:07 PM)Stealther Wrote: Thanks guys, I tried and its working perfectly now Cheese

I told you kicking it will fix it Cheese
(05-08-2013, 10:35 AM)kakcraft Wrote: Gmod doesn't even use the VAC system.

Gmod and (mostly) all Source games use the VAC system. In gmod, it has little to no effect on stopping cheaters mostly due to the fact that aimbots are coded in Lua, which is not supported by VAC.

tl;dr: VAC is enabled. It has absolutely zero effect on stopping cheats.
(05-09-2013, 03:17 AM)mono Wrote:
(05-08-2013, 10:35 AM)kakcraft Wrote: Gmod doesn't even use the VAC system.

Gmod and (mostly) all Source games use the VAC system. In gmod, it has little to no effect on stopping cheaters mostly due to the fact that aimbots are coded in Lua, which is not supported by VAC.

tl;dr: VAC is enabled. It has absolutely zero effect on stopping cheats.

Technically it won't detect actual memory hacks either in Gmod from what I know, the only thing that will set it off is having a few specific DLL's installed. So it is pretty much disabled in Gmod with some small exceptions.