Can we trade games for Ingame stuff?
I would like to know if you can trade games on marketplace for ingame items
like i have Limbo and would like to get a hummer out of it. If its possible.
Btw im new to making threads so if i put it in the wrong place please dont punish me.
Its in the right spot mate, and I am not quite sure what you mean though.
But I think you want to trade like CS:GO for a hummer? Thats like trading ingame items for real life money which is against their terms of use.
(05-02-2013, 12:06 AM)Nancy Wrote: Its in the right spot mate, and I am not quite sure what you mean though.
But I think you want to trade like CS:GO for a hummer? Thats like trading ingame items for real life money which is against their terms of use.
Well i meant trading games for items ingame but if its against terms of use i wont do it.

(05-02-2013, 12:06 AM)Nancy Wrote: Its in the right spot mate, and I am not quite sure what you mean though.
Well i meant trading games for items ingame but if its against terms of use i wont do it.
It cannot be turned into money therefore i see no problem.

If they say no it is not allowed, refer them to a popular example of real world trading which involves trading services for in game money, which revolves around users making forum signatures via photoshop to earn in game money.
http://www.fearlessrp.net/tos.html

It should say something along the lines of that in there.
But as games are basically money, and you used money to pay for the game. I don't think this is allowed. But there is no way of finding out if you do it the correct way. That I strongly recommend that you do not do.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
In my opinion it's a form of metagaming, money is earned in game, games are OOC .

Using ic money for an ooc game.

You should have waited for an admin to post before making your actual thread, in fact just because one person says yes, doesn't make it allowed.
Lead by example.
(05-02-2013, 02:31 PM)Al sevenfold Wrote: In my opinion it's a form of metagaming, money is earned in game, games are OOC .

You should have waited for an admin to post before making your actual thread, in fact just because one person says yes, doesn't make it allowed.

So donating is metagaming also?

Also it is allowed, this have been asked a lot.
The following 2 users Like Mahti's post:
  • Russkie, Nevy
I would say no
Wether it's money or a game it's still similar
It's real life gain from ingame currency
And even in some cases those games maybe sold off for even cash
Soul have said its allowed which is really nice from him since he doesn't gain money from it unlike donations, Eventho I was against it also.
(05-02-2013, 02:46 PM)Mahti Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 02:31 PM)Al sevenfold Wrote: In my opinion it's a form of metagaming, money is earned in game, games are OOC .

So donating is metagaming also?

Also it is allowed, this have been asked a lot.

Not exactly, see donating is very different, donating is helping the server, the donator benefits are only a bonus.

When someone buys donator through in game money and gets another person to donate for them, they are technically paying for the benefits while the other person is the one who actually donates to the server.

Either way donating is a completely different matter, and benefits the server. Selling games is quite the opposite.
Lead by example.