Random Computer Restarts.
Hello!

I know that this thread isn't really to do with fearless, but i would like to see if anyone has a solution, for the problem that i have been having for quite some time.

Since i have got my new gaming computer, i keep having random restarts of my computer. This only happens no more than once a day. Even so, it bugs me, as i would be doing something important, only for it to restart, then losing all of the work that i have just done.

I've tried re-installing windows, as i thought that it may have been a virus, but it does not seem to be that. I have no way of fixing it, so i would like to ask if any of you had a solution for me, which may actually solve the problem.
Does it like instantly shut down (instantly your screen shuts down) or do you get that popup thing saying something along the lines of "These still running, do you wanna close them?", followed by a list of open programs?
Nope, it just restarts without a single sign or warning. It's not like a windows restart, its just like an automatic restart, that i have no warning of.
(04-17-2013, 07:13 PM)Commander Fi5h Wrote: Nope, it just restarts without a single sign or warning. It's not like a windows restart, its just like an automatic restart, that i have no warning of.

If it's new, make sure everything is connected properly. If it's custom built, more than likely you or the person who made it will have fucked it up. Always happens.
Windows update?
If it shut down, I'd understand.
Restarting sounds very strange...
Just taken it apart. Nothing is loosely connected, nothing is broken, i really don't get what the problem is.

It just restarts, with no warning. All window's updates have been completed, but the problem still occurs.
Happened to me today, also several weeks ago.

Might have to do with the cooling. Mine is customly built, though I've assembled it with my IT friends, so it's quite safe.
Make sure there's no problems with cooling.
Also since it's new, make sure there's not a reset button somewhere that you're accidentally pressing, I had an old computer that had one in a stupidly easy to press spot separate from the power button, and it took me an embarrassingly long time to realise why my computer was sometimes randomly restarting.
Try hitting it with a brick or a rock, doing this will defiantly make it stop restarting ever again.
The following 3 users Like Makarov's post:
  • Verenikin, yarrrs, Deriptz