[Upcoming] Storage Wars
Hey Guys,

We are planning a RP event Called Storage wars. It's based on the TV show "Storage Wars and Storage Hunters"

You May find Items, or you may be stuck with a empty Storage unit. So don't do a starting bid of $1000, make sure you have a look around. "The auctioneer will open the buildings one at a time"

No Items will be in the Garage. It will be a prop, Just go to the Staff, and say you found it, and they will give it to you.

Items what can be found:

Gun Ammo

Guns

Food

Clothes

Cars(as a note, hand into the Storage Staff)

Health Stuff

Black market Items

And More Smile

Staff:

Staff Member: Corie The Nub

Staff Member: PineCone

Auctioneer: Fillehh

Camera man: Commander Fi5h

Event Will Happen: Thursday 6pm GMT. on 2p. At MTL

Bidding:

Bidding at auctions is an art form unto itself. You may wish to just watch others at the first two or three you attend, just to get a feel for how much items go for. Keep in mind that your primary goal is resale. Don't bid $300 on a building full of goods that you can only make 50 bucks on. A good idea is to check the market to see what different items go for.

The auctioneer will open the buildings one at a time to let the bidders see what they contain. If most or all of the goods are in boxes, then he or she will break these open and display their contents to the crowd. Bring a pad and pen and try to estimate the approximate resale value of the merchandise. Then place your highest bid at no more than 50 percent of that amount. If in doubt about the profitability of the contents, then don't bid; there is always another day, and you don't want to get stuck with tons of unwanted junk filling up your storage area.

As discussed before, the variety of things you can find at these auctions is astounding. Appliances, furniture, electronics, books, clothes, toys, pet supplies, CDs, records and cassettes, VHS/DVD movies, and boxes filled with knickknacks are common finds. Cash, jewelry, gold and silver coins, even automobiles have been found. You want to look the stuff over as thoroughly as possible to make sure that rain has not leaked in and destroyed things. If you smell mildew or see evidence of water damage, then pass that building up. Mice and other rodents sometimes get in, but they rarely do much damage, except to clothing and stored food. (Speaking of clothing, check the pockets and linings of any you get. Old people hide money in them. Wads of cash have been found stuffed in shoes and mattresses). Storage buildings with shingle roofs and heavy, tight-fitting doors do the best job of preserving stored items.

A Few Last Comments About Storage Auctions

Buying storage units at auction can be fun and profitable, but most people don't spend the time. They go out and buy a unit for too much and then get discouraged and stop. This has gotten worse since Storage Wars started airing.

Remember storage auctions are a business and there is a learning curve. Chances are you won't make a fortune, but when you get good at deciding what to pay and how to sell the items

©Copyrighted 2013, All rights reserved
I really look forward to this, I always watch Storage Wars on TV.
The following 1 user Likes Victorinox's post:
  • Fillehh
I love Storage Wars, how " the new one " always spends too much money, haha.
The following 1 user Likes HellShell's post:
  • Fillehh
ha i buy the first storage for 5,5 k :p and found some money a run and some ammo! but i did it for the fun if you guys need help just ask me!
Did a staff member say they would "give the stuff to you"?

(04-02-2013, 07:46 PM)Victorinox Wrote: I really look forward to this, I always watch Storage Wars on TV.

Same, we Will be doing it Thursday 2 o'Clock
Expect this from me:
[Image: dave-hester-sues-ae-storage-wars-fake-.jpg]
The following 2 users Like ChrilLe's post:
  • CorieTheNub, Victorinox
Did a staff member say they would "give the stuff to you"?

We will give the stuff to the buyers the admins will watch over.
BEST. RP. EVER.
But seriously. I love the TV show Cheese
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

Please do it on Saturday or something, I have school :p