Friend would like to start playing BUT...
I've been playing on this server for a while now and have been telling everyone about how much I enjoy it. My good friend finally decided he is going to get it tomorrow; HOWEVER, my friend does not have Counter-Strike: Source. He really wants to avoid buying it and wasting the money on a game he will never play, so is there any way to download the CS: S materials and models without having to purchase it?

I've seen others do this but it'd be nice to have a safe, reliable way of doing it properly. I hate to be cheap but it would really be helpful to him. So any help would be appreciated! Smile
I thought buying it with CS: S was cheap anyway (£3.50) in the sale. Personally, I would buy it with CS: S as it is also a fun game.
Regards,
aviator
I haven't got CSS, but i still have all of my models/weapons. You can simply download the models/weapons in the workshop, meaning that you can actually avoid buying the game.
Garry's Mod and CSS belongs together, there is even a steam package with them both, I would really recommend just buying it, it's fun and it saves you alot of time.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
I understand as I have the package with both together. He has Garry's mod alone(meaning why buy the pack?) and he already has CS:GO so he wants to avoid buying it. I like CS:S and I agree, it's really fun, but if he can download them off the workshop that'd be a lot better.
I vaguely remember someone posting a link to a website where you could get the content of a few games (TF2, HL1/2/EP1/EP2, CSS, Portal). I will search this topic for you Smile

EDIT: I couldn't find the topic, but what I could find is this