Nostalgia
This thread makes me feel old...

People thinking Oblivion and Max Payne 2 are old games which make you feel nostalgic... *sigh*.

Here's a real blast from the past.

[Image: moonstone11.png]
(04-01-2013, 10:48 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: This thread makes me feel old...

People thinking Oblivion and Max Payne 2 are old games which make you feel nostalgic... *sigh*.
I never said oblivion was old... you said discuss your favorite games and that is what I did + I also feel nostalgia as I haven't played it in a year or so. I have also played games such as Tiberian sun, however, have not felt real nostalgia values from them, I believe games have progressed dramatically in the last 10+ years or so.
Medal of Honor Frontline: Was always the old lady in multiplayer.

[Image: MOHFbox.jpg]

Spyro the Dragon: Even bought the Skylanders game to relive it

[Image: Spyro_the_Dragon.jpg]

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater: Bought them all starting from this one

[Image: 256px-TonyHawksProSkaterPlayStation1.jpg]

Sonic Shuffle: Favorite game for the Dreamcast, Mario Party + Sonic

[Image: Sonic-shuffle.378497.jpg.png]

Diddy Kong Racing: BEST 64 GAME EVER

[Image: 250px-DKRboxart.jpg]

Madden NFL 2001: First Madden game I got into

[Image: madden_2001_380.jpg]

Pokemon Blue: First Pokemon game I owned

[Image: pokemonblue.jpg]

These are some of my favorite games growing up and these games will always be close to my heart since I still own all of them except Sonic Shuffle due to the fact I no longer have my Dreamcast. I will possibly post more dear to my heart a different time.
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • DoomDude1

Here's a real blast from the past.

[Image: moonstone11.png]

Nostalgia - The term nostalgia describes a sentimentality for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations. [Google]

It's not about how old the game is, it's the memories, I played Max Payne 2 endlessly when I was around 10 years old, I loved the game and completed it multiple times. Same goes for Oblivion, I think my main character ended up with around 250 hours and a few 'alt' characters with about 50 hours each.

I didn't have access to a great deal of games when I was growing up, the games I did own I played a lot.

I would also say:

[Image: OnyxiaDown.jpg]

My first MMO, my dad signed me up for this, we'd play cooperatively helping each other level up. His workmates who got him into the game owned one of the largest guilds on our server, we'd carry out a lot of raids, dungeons etc.

[Image: OGF_represent.jpg]

Entertained myself for hours on end with this game, so much fun!

[Image: deusex_bemutato_05.jpg]

The first game I ever played online multiplayer on, played it a hell of a lot.

[Image: gears-of-war-20061018024051487-1714787_640w.jpg]

First game I ever played on the Xbox 360 and it blew my mind how much detail there was. Played every day with someone from school, we made a few friends and we'd all play against each other every day for hours, really fun times.

None of these are very old really but the memories of playing these...
The following 1 user Likes GRiiM's post:
  • Callos
(04-02-2013, 04:36 AM)Fultzy Wrote: Diddy Kong Racing: BEST 64 GAME EVER

Aah how can I forget this? Who was your favorite character? I was playing the mouse (forgot the name) all the time, even after unlocking the chicken and the clock. My favorite map was that battle map which were icey.
[Image: battlefield1942_004-large.jpg]

[Image: return_to_castle_wolfenstein_bemutato_ga...enshot.jpg]
user title was put to "one of the elders" by default, and holy shit does that sound extreme
This is a game I always used to play back on the Play Station One.

[Image: tij_e.jpg]

[Image: The%20Italian%20Job-PSX-NTSC-US.jpg]

The Italian Job.
Regards,
aviator
(04-02-2013, 03:38 AM)Callos Wrote:

I never said oblivion was old... you said discuss your favorite games and that is what I did + I also feel nostalgia as I haven't played it in a year or so. I have also played games such as Tiberian sun, however, have not felt real nostalgia values from them, I believe games have progressed dramatically in the last 10+ years or so.

I was merely referring to myself, how post like that make me feel old, not that they are incorrect or anything similar. I have the tendency to let time stomp all over me, so don't be surprised by shock at other people's comments on games I still think are "relatively current".

On topic, since you went into consoles:
[Image: tumblr_m94wogag3P1r9652ro1_500.gif]

I'm keeping it in style and not telling you which game it is Tounge.
(04-02-2013, 08:52 AM)Doomdude1 Wrote:
(04-02-2013, 03:38 AM)Callos Wrote:

I was merely referring to myself, how post like that make me feel old, not that they are incorrect or anything similar. I have the tendency to let time stomp all over me, so don't be surprised by shock at other people's comments on games I still think are "relatively current".

On topic, since you went into consoles:
[Image: tumblr_m94wogag3P1r9652ro1_500.gif]

I'm keeping it in style and not telling you which game it is Tounge.

Crash Bandicoot, but which one? I didnt own a Playstation, I had N64. Tounge

Let me continue on this. I can sit here all day long.

FPS games I played a hell of a lot

Spoiler :
[Image: wolfenstein3d_2.PNG]

[Image: doom11.jpg]

[Image: file.php?id=604]

[Image: Duke_Nukem_3D_DOS_019.png]

[Image: rott_gibs.png]

This game was fucking cool back then, it even had a cheat code or something that made you become a dog.

[Image: scummvm_0_9_1-full.png]
One of my favorite adventure games back then.

Guess the games. Smile
(04-02-2013, 04:47 AM)Humla Wrote:
(04-02-2013, 04:36 AM)Fultzy Wrote: Diddy Kong Racing: BEST 64 GAME EVER

Aah how can I forget this? Who was your favorite character? I was playing the mouse (forgot the name) all the time, even after unlocking the chicken and the clock. My favorite map was that battle map which were icey.

Timba dude! That tiger was my bro

Going to add some more!

Banjo Kazooie: Great game. Banjo Tooie was trash though

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBrVGlVlMCtATtGeHAL2i...u8OzShQ0RH]

Donkey Kong 64: 64 classic!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPWC54q9peftKQEhpmUtz...9UslDKHnDA]

Donkey Kong Country: I had a DK love when I was a kid

[Image: Dkc_snes_boxart.jpg]

Halo: My favorite Xbox original game of all time

[Image: 250px-Halobox.jpg]

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2: The best NFS in my opinion

[Image: 256px-NFSHP2_PC.jpg]

Nascar 2000: Me and my brothers would just drive backwards and crash all the cars

[Image: 198038_50368_front.jpg]