Meta gaming that you are hostaged?
Right, today whilst being a president I had a very confusing situation
So I got hostaged, and forced to change laws and city itself

The hostage situation was semi-civil
Basically an example of it, the two guys have passed by the SS without being noticed (don't ask how), and had me under gunpoint, hiding in the skyboxes corner (still under gunpoint), so thy when SS sees me throug window they are sure that I am alright

I WAS NOT tied, and was completely confused, whether I can use my radio and issue warrants or not
Later on, the Corleone (Paper97) somehow, knew that I haven't been issuing warrants. With no patience, after me being 10 minutes in hostage situation, he rushed up to kill me claiming that I'm not doing my job properly although it was several times that I stated in OOC: (qouting myself) I am having a "situation"
Though it would be obvious that I am hostaged

So the main question is, when this is that sort of semi-civil hostage situation can I use radio? And how can I (without meta gaming), tell that I am hostaged?
The following 1 user Likes Dr Tomorrow's post:
  • SKitz
Well, he shouldn't have come rushing up to kill you in the first place. I would simply say that there is roleplay going on, and there is a reason for me not issuing warrants. I wouldn't issue any warrants though, it kinda breaks the roleplay, because you are saying something completely passive over the radio while beeing hostaged (Even though not beeing roped.).
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Which is why even when there is a president, the Police Commander should be allowed to issue warrants.

As a President, when in a 'situation', you are not allowed to use a radio function. That includes warrants. The person that rushed up to kill you was in the wrong and was breaking the rules.

Also, you should never say you are being taken hostage in the radio, unless the 'criminals' want you to.

I hope this helps.
Regards,
aviator
The following 2 users Like aviator's post:
  • Humla, buffalobagingi
The thing is, I had no time to explain as all he did just came up, and shot me point blank without any hesitation, last will or "I am killing you because <insert reason here>"
I find this all to confusing. But im pretty sure that the Corleone who came up and wanted to kill you, was breaking the rules, as he could have contacted you beforehand and asked you to begin issuing the warrants.
What would that Corleone care that you weren't doing warrants? If anything that's in his favor that you couldn't currently do them.

People will always look for reasons to raid, whether it be because of a dictatorship, bad laws etc, mainly because it's a reason to kill people that's not RDM.

People just like to kill the President no matter what he has done, if someone sees the president outside they take it as an opportunity to just..kill him for no reason.

Unfortunately when a president is hostaged it can cause a lot of issues, the whole situation can depend on how good the SS are at hostage situations.

All in all, that Corleone pretty much random raided and FailRP'ed.
Lead by example.
The following 1 user Likes Al sevenfold's post:
  • buffalobagingi
The most sad thing about all this, that admin gave Dr.tomorrow RP Point for great president RP, 5 minutes later corleone raided him "because he wasnt giving warrants" how would corleone know that?
Even with around 5 people who witnessed that It was random raid. None of admins reacted to this, and this is sad.
The following 1 user Likes Prosto's post:
  • buffalobagingi
I was the raider (Bishop) XD
"the two guys have passed by the SS without being noticed"
It was easy, I prayed for SS soul
Did you liked my laws ?Smile
[Image: image.png]
Doctor KuLa
Always Drunk
(03-31-2013, 12:27 PM)Doctor KuLa Wrote: I was the raider (Bishop) XD
"the two guys have passed by the SS without being noticed"
It was easy, I prayed for SS soul
Did you liked my laws ?Smile

Hell yeah!

"I am a Pope of Holy G Ville city"

LeL

(03-31-2013, 11:37 AM)Borovichok Wrote: The most sad thing about all this, that admin gave Dr.tomorrow RP Point for great president RP, 5 minutes later corleone raided him "because he wasnt giving warrants" how would corleone know that?
Even with around 5 people who witnessed that It was random raid. None of admins reacted to this, and this is sad.

Situations like this are hard to prove without footage, even with logs
So I think that's why they didn't really bothered :p
It says in the rules you CANNOT hostage someone without tying them with a hostage rope. And I'm pretty sure you can't hostage the President to change the laws, unless he has bad laws. (i.e. banning rebels, hostage the president and tell him to unban rebels) And the Corleone definitely random raided.

So both the hostage takers and corleone both broke the rules.