Fearless Feed The Beast
Feed The Beast contains many of the same mods as Tekkit, is more updated and works better.
(03-20-2013, 08:30 PM)Termin Wrote: Feed The Beast contains many of the same mods as Tekkit, is more updated and works better.

FTB takes a HECK load of ram/memory while running it ._. you need a decent PC to run it, which people arnt gunna play if it lags all the time.
However tekkit isnt a laggy.
Mai Suggestion Cheese Hurray
Nice! Joining right now..
I don't enjoy PvP on Minecraft at all, this is perfect! Cheese
The following 1 user Likes GRiiM's post:
  • yarrrs
Does it have Mo' Creatures?

feed the beast and tekkit are very similar, they are just clients with lots of mods
with feed the feed I could choose which mods
and also with feed the beast its supported by the mod makers as they was asked and gave permission
unlike tekkit which just didnt care and did it with out permission
(03-21-2013, 01:39 AM)Temar Wrote: feed the beast and tekkit are very similar, they are just clients with lots of mods
with feed the feed I could choose which mods
and also with feed the beast its supported by the mod makers as they was asked and gave permission
unlike tekkit which just didnt care and did it with out permission

Tekkit has permission, check the mod pages. Some say either "You can use this mod in your modpack if you ask me via PM" Or "You cannot use this mod in your modpack only Technic can"

Mo' creatures, EE, IC2, and Mystcraft are a few examples of mods that have given permission to Tekkit/Technic.

Also the "DONATE TO THE MODDERS" Function doesn't donate to the Technic creators, you can donate to multiple modders of the original mods and it even has links to the original mods.

Tekkit originally didn't have permission. Thus the issue with the creator of 'Better than wolves mod' and the removal of Forestry from the Mod List.
(03-21-2013, 02:41 AM)UTLonghorn12 Wrote: Tekkit originally didn't have permission. Thus the issue with the creator of 'Better than wolves mod' and the removal of Forestry from the Mod List.

Incorrect and Semi-Correct.

Better Than Wolves was removed because it was made incompatible. That's to say, it removed itself from the ForgeAPI.

Forestry was removed due to issues with permission, ending in uhem... Malicious Code added to Forestry. (Read: Exploding Bees)

However, about 90% of the mods in Tekkit / Tekkit Lite have permission, else they are waiting to recive permission. They also give the Modders respect. Dev Servers, Donations and the like. Along with free advertising.
Edit: Nope, Cannot find it. Simple version: Slowpoke asked the Creator of UE API to pay for advertising for the UE Modpack on FTB, Technic did not ask for payment, just added the advertising for UE (Voltz)
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator