Model Downloads
Okay, so every time I log into any of the maps, I have to down 150MB of the models. I've talked to some other people and they don't have to download the models every time. The only reason I care is because it takes me 3-5 minutes to download models, then my gmod freezes up and it's another 5-10 minutes before I actually join the server. In all, it takes me about 10-15 minutes to log into the server and it would be really nice if I could cut down on it a little. I did the download filter thing in the console but that didn't effect it. Help would be appreciated! Smile
Did you remember to download the FL content package?
Download content from this Forum.

FL Content
Regards,
aviator
Okay, I downloaded the models and everything, but I still have to download all of them when I try to log in. I tried twice, first with the sounds, settings, models, etc. all separate in the addons folder, then I moved them into a folder I named 'flcontent' but it still doesn't work. Any other suggestions?
(02-28-2013, 10:06 PM)PandaBoQuisha Wrote: Okay, I downloaded the models and everything, but I still have to download all of them when I try to log in. I tried twice, first with the sounds, settings, models, etc. all separate in the addons folder, then I moved them into a folder I named 'flcontent' but it still doesn't work. Any other suggestions?

They must be placed in the root directory of Garry's Mod, not in a folder in there.
The root folder being steamapps/username/garrysmod or into the second garrysmod folder?
root is the main directory of garrys mod /steamapps/username/garrysmod
Hi,

Once you have found your Garry's Mod files you need to download the Content depending on which server you use.
With this you should make a folder in your *\garrysmod\garrysmodz\addons folder named flcontent, extract the content of the ZIP file into the new folder that is in addons, now you are done with the models/sounds/textures.

For the SpawnLists you need to extract the contents of the spawnlists ZIP into the *\garrysmod\garrysmod\settings\spawnlists folder, other files in here should look like the ones you have in the ZIP file.

For the Map you need to extract the, for example rp_evocity2_v2p.bsp into the *\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps folder, other files in here may be .png files due to the GMod 13 update, however, just place .bsp file into here and it will work fine.

If you have done this correctly, please check HL2, Episode 1+2 and CS:S are MOUNTED in Garry's Mod, check in the bottom right of the screen.

Once you have done all of this you should no longer need to download any content when logging into the server.

Hope my answer helps! Good Luck :)
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:39386812&b=4]

Find my reply useful? Please 'Like' it!