Valve "Gold Membership" Scam.
Earlier today, A person I didn't know messaged me a link,I then went on the link, it was in german, I got google chrome to translate it to english, it said it was valve/steam's birthday and everyone would get "gold membership" I thought it existed so i did the offer, signed into steam, I then got a confirmation email on the email I sent them, After that, i got a email saying someone is trying to get access to my account via another computer, the person who sent me this then went offline, It was obviously the person behind the scam so I changed my email and password, he then came back online.

The person who tryed to hack me was Davis/Marcel Davis. (steam name)

23 February 2013
Marcel Davis: -Removed-
SuccessKid: What?
SuccessKid: I am not dumb, this is a scam
Marcel Davis is now Offline.

The link was: -Removed-

He managed to get into my account within seconds of entering my account details/Signing in steam.
Poseidon Corporation - Director of Government Relations
LGBTQR+ Society - Founding Director

"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not." 
-Oprah Winfrey

[Image: Gullible_Pants.jpg]

Did you think there was a red flag when 'Steam' sent you an email in German when your account was set to English

What about when the email it was sent from was from a different email from the usual Steam email address?

Or when you hadn't even have heard of a 'Gold Membership' until you got a mysterious email promising you one.

Even when there was no mention of this on the steam store

How about when the link given to you didn't have http://_______.steampowered.com

I could go on with how many ways this was obviously a scam but I won't Tounge
The following 1 user Likes GRiiM's post:
  • Blonde
(02-24-2013, 01:01 AM)BiggusDickus Wrote: He managed to get into my account within seconds of entering my account details/Signing in steam.

u got it back right?
Reported site abuse to de.gh, so nobody else gets fooled while he has a free domain.
(02-24-2013, 01:01 AM)BiggusDickus Wrote: Earlier today, A person I didn't know messaged me a link,I then went on the link, it was in german, I got google chrome to translate it to english, it said it was valve/steam's birthday and everyone would get "gold membership" I thought it existed so i did the offer, signed into steam, I then got a confirmation email on the email I sent them, After that, i got a email saying someone is trying to get access to my account via another computer, the person who sent me this then went offline, It was obviously the person behind the scam so I changed my email and password, he then came back online.

The person who tryed to hack me was Davis/Marcel Davis. (steam name)

23 February 2013
Marcel Davis: -Removed-
SuccessKid: What?
SuccessKid: I am not dumb, this is a scam
Marcel Davis is now Offline.

The link was: -Removed-

He managed to get into my account within seconds of entering my account details/Signing in steam.

Sorry, but if you fell for that, you're dumb.
Also, don't link us to it, if people actually click that, it could risk them losing their accounts.
Please be [Image: 27lMf] kidding.

Also, remove your link. It basically encourages people to click on it and potentially lose their account too.
Wow man quit reading my signature.

[Image: 27lPH]
People can't be that stupid when he warns them about it. If they looses their account via OPs link the actually need the life lesson
(02-24-2013, 01:15 AM)Nancy Botwin Wrote:
(02-24-2013, 01:01 AM)BiggusDickus Wrote: He managed to get into my account within seconds of entering my account details/Signing in steam.

u got it back right?

Yes, Soon as i got the email someone got access to my account on another computer, I changed my email and password.
Poseidon Corporation - Director of Government Relations
LGBTQR+ Society - Founding Director

"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not." 
-Oprah Winfrey

Well, as soon as i went onto that site i could tell it was a scam.

(P.S: At the bottom of the page there was an option to change the language. That all you had to do!)
No offense, But anyone who believes that has the IQ equivilant of a gold-fish.

It is SUCH a bad scam.