Queue added to Servers
Due to Servers being full alot and it being difficult to connect and in alot of cases down to luck to get in the slot
I have added a queue system
When you try to join the server when it is full you will be placed in this queue
you just try to join again with in 30 seconds or you will be removed from the queue
if you are in a position in the queue that allows you too join eg 2nd and 2 slots open (person in 1st hasnt clicked join yet) it will let you join the server

This is currently Live on v2d and will be added to v33x with in the next few days

Edit: Added priority to those who just disconnected (2 mins) from server, so if bugged you can rejoin with out being stuck at back of queue
The following 8 users Like Temar's post:
  • Infernaw, Blonde, Holdem, DoomDude1, Bomsusik, GRiiM, Rowan13, Sonic5030
Seems like an awesome system!
How does this work with the built-in auto-join feature?
auto join simply keep refreshing the list until it can see a slot then tries to join, since it doesn't try to join until then and would only join once even if you get a msg its not very good
but even before gmod 13 I never used it because it took ages to join as people are usually more likely to get the slot other ways,

With this system you simple need to tell it too connect (so it tries to connect properly (not connect with legacy while full)
and repeat with in no longer than 30 seconds until you are allowed to join
Donaters...Need...Priorety!
(11-03-2012, 02:02 AM)TJ3003 Wrote: Donaters...Need...Priorety!

It's a Donator status not a VIP status...
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
Either way we pay we should be able to play if you get my meaning
(11-03-2012, 03:03 AM)TJ3003 Wrote: Either way we pay we should be able to play if you get my meaning

You pay to support the server, or at least that is what I do.
The following 5 users Like Theomenz's post:
  • Aoixification, Infernaw, Gamesdude109, data expunged :(, yarrrs
(11-03-2012, 03:58 AM)Theomenz Wrote: You pay to support the server.

Anyhow, nice addition Temar.

I only have one question, does using 'connect <IP>' in the console simply add you to the queue? Or would it skip it; say there are 2 slots and the first guy gets in, second guy is a little slow but then someone else does 'connect 176.31.228.8:27015' in console. Would he simply be added to the queue?
(11-03-2012, 03:58 AM)Theomenz Wrote:
(11-03-2012, 03:03 AM)TJ3003 Wrote: Either way we pay we should be able to play if you get my meaning

You pay to support the server, or at least that is what I do.

You don't really pay, you donate.
The following 4 users Like PrivateToast's post:
  • Killjoy, Holdem, Rowan13, yarrrs
Excellent addition, Temar. We appreciate your time and effort.

Also, as Infernaw stated, it's a Donator status, not a VIP status, so we shouldn't have higher priority than regular users.